2005 Honda Odyssey Consumer Review: 2005 Odyssey

2005 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Review

EX Passenger Minivan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

2005 Odyssey
By otocast on

2005 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our Odyssey the first week of October. My wife has driven it all week and I driven it a copule of times during this past week. It feels very solid. The room inside is truly "living space". I have to speek louder for my kids to listen to me all the way back in the third row. There is lots of quiet even at freeway speeds. There is a definite "zoom" feel that can be bad for your driving record. (I drove it on the freeway today and as I talked to my wife did not feel that I was almost going 90 mph.) It is fun and there is tons of storage. The new 60/40 seat is a nice thing but more convinient is the Plus-One seat giving us capacity for 8 people. I used this feature and it is great.

My FAVORITE feature and important in purchase was the airbag curtains that extend to the third row. This feature is available on the Sienna XLE Ltd. as standard equipment and option on LE only. It's standard on all Odyssey models. The "lazy Susan" and Plus-One Seat are cool. The built in sunshades.

My only suggestion is the availabilty of DVD-rear entertainment on the EX with OUT leather. Some people do not like the leather and this gives an added plus to consumers.