Used 2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

272k miles and going strong!!!!
By martinbird

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this Odyssey 2.5 years ago with 220k miles and in pristine condition. We have had no major problems and LOVE this van. Our children are young (6,4,3,& 18 months) so the power doors are much appreciated. The only thing we didn't like about the van was the PAX system and cost to replace the tires. We solved that problem by "depaxing" our Odyssey 6 months ago and put 18" oem rims from a 2010 Acura Mdx (found on craigslist for $400) and Hankook h725's and LOVE THE NEW RIDE!

Favorite Features

-Leather interior & near-Luxury features -Power rear hatch and sliding doors -Heated seats -Upscale look (much better than anything domestic) -DEPENDABILITY -It's a Honda!

Suggested Improvements

Depax your Odyssey in order to save a lot of money on new tires!!! Purchasing 2009-2013 Acura Mdx or Honda Pilot rims for a small amount on craigslist/ebay is the best way to get a quality look!

Bought a used 2005 Odyssey EX-L
By darkside559

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I don't know why other people giving the Odyssey a bad review. I bought mine used with hella mileage, 180k and it still run good. I had no problem whatsoever. The only issue I had since owning was both catalytic converter went bad, luckily the used car dealer give me a 3 months warranty which cover R&R both catalytic converter which I didn't pay a dime. The VCM works great, no starter issue, A/C blows ice cold even the rear A/C blows ice cold. P/S is kind of rough and needs replacement, but that's an easy job to fix, considering all those mileages, it's still have another 100+K on it.

Favorite Features

Heated Leather Seat, 8 passenger seating, front and rear A/C, VCM, VSA, Easy aftermarket radio installation, Power sliding doors, Steering Wheel remote, Moonroof, big cargo space, 4 wheel disc brakes,

Suggested Improvements

Could of made an AWD version, a Mugen version, Supercharge or Turbo Charge version.

Reliable Car
By adam555

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car two years ago with 108k miles on it. It runes so far like new thanks God. I figured out I am not paying over 35k for a new one, that we don't use a lot. We have around 6k a year. I usually don't write reviews, but I tell you if I read the others reviews before, I would have never bought this car, and I am glad I did not. People usually don't write reviews unless they have problem. two third of the reviews show problems with this car, but I know many owners for this car love it like I do. I am buying another car for myself, and every time I look at a car, I change my mind because of the reviews, so I decided to look at the Odyssey figuring out no complaints, but there is.

Transmission denial for Honda Corp.
By amd6577

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased 2005 Odyssey EX-L DVD in 2011 from Hendrick Honda in Easley, SC. Bad idea. 1 year later with <100K miles, trans shakes and stuck between 2nd&3rd gears. Take to trans shop (we were out of town) and they repair trans (including replacing torque conv) for $2500. 4 months later we get a letter from Honda Corp. that the issue is being covered under ext warranty and to submit documentation. Today, I got a call from "Ron" at Honda Corp. (who said he has *no supervisor* and refused to provide his last name), saying that our trans. issue is, in fact, not covered. Oh-- and no appeal process. I am 100% done with Honda. Not a quality product anymore. Buying an Odyssey is flushing $ away.

Favorite Features

Do not buy an Odyssey with a V-6 transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Do not buy an Odyssey with a V-6 transmission.

2005 Odyssey - Disappointment
By

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2005 LX new. Things started well, but excessive tire wear, sliding door issues, interior lighting issues, bad starter, bad wiper motor and A/C have soured me. After the second major A/C issue I ask Honda for help. The Honda customer service folks did not care that I was a Honda supporter on my 4th Honda. When I needed Honda they turned their back on me. This will be my last Honda and I will give them the same support I was given which is ZERO. I am moving on and you should to when you buy your next car.

Suggested Improvements

When you sell someone a bad product a little good will and care can fix the customer issue.