Used 2005 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Bought a used 2005 Odyssey EX-L
By darkside559

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I don't know why other people giving the Odyssey a bad review. I bought mine used with hella mileage, 180k and it still run good. I had no problem whatsoever. The only issue I had since owning was both catalytic converter went bad, luckily the used car dealer give me a 3 months warranty which cover R&R both catalytic converter which I didn't pay a dime. The VCM works great, no starter issue, A/C blows ice cold even the rear A/C blows ice cold. P/S is kind of rough and needs replacement, but that's an easy job to fix, considering all those mileages, it's still have another 100+K on it.

Favorite Features

Heated Leather Seat, 8 passenger seating, front and rear A/C, VCM, VSA, Easy aftermarket radio installation, Power sliding doors, Steering Wheel remote, Moonroof, big cargo space, 4 wheel disc brakes,

Suggested Improvements

Could of made an AWD version, a Mugen version, Supercharge or Turbo Charge version.

Reliable Car
By adam555

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car two years ago with 108k miles on it. It runes so far like new thanks God. I figured out I am not paying over 35k for a new one, that we don't use a lot. We have around 6k a year. I usually don't write reviews, but I tell you if I read the others reviews before, I would have never bought this car, and I am glad I did not. People usually don't write reviews unless they have problem. two third of the reviews show problems with this car, but I know many owners for this car love it like I do. I am buying another car for myself, and every time I look at a car, I change my mind because of the reviews, so I decided to look at the Odyssey figuring out no complaints, but there is.

Transmission denial for Honda Corp.
By amd6577

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased 2005 Odyssey EX-L DVD in 2011 from Hendrick Honda in Easley, SC. Bad idea. 1 year later with <100K miles, trans shakes and stuck between 2nd&3rd gears. Take to trans shop (we were out of town) and they repair trans (including replacing torque conv) for $2500. 4 months later we get a letter from Honda Corp. that the issue is being covered under ext warranty and to submit documentation. Today, I got a call from "Ron" at Honda Corp. (who said he has *no supervisor* and refused to provide his last name), saying that our trans. issue is, in fact, not covered. Oh-- and no appeal process. I am 100% done with Honda. Not a quality product anymore. Buying an Odyssey is flushing $ away.

Favorite Features

Do not buy an Odyssey with a V-6 transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Do not buy an Odyssey with a V-6 transmission.

2005 Odyssey - Disappointment
By

2005 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2005 LX new. Things started well, but excessive tire wear, sliding door issues, interior lighting issues, bad starter, bad wiper motor and A/C have soured me. After the second major A/C issue I ask Honda for help. The Honda customer service folks did not care that I was a Honda supporter on my 4th Honda. When I needed Honda they turned their back on me. This will be my last Honda and I will give them the same support I was given which is ZERO. I am moving on and you should to when you buy your next car.

Suggested Improvements

When you sell someone a bad product a little good will and care can fix the customer issue.

Great Vehicle!
By amirjones78

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best vehicle I've owned. It's also one of the most comfortable vehicles I've ever driven. The ride is very comfortable and quiet. Handling is excellent. I always feel in complete control in any type of weather in my Odyssey. Contrary to some of the reviews I'm seeing for this year of Odyssey; I don't really have problems with it. The only problem I had was a power steering reservoir that needed to be replaced ($125ish). At one point there was an odd vibration between 25 and 30 mph. Many people replaced the transmission or torque converter with no success. I just had the transmission fluid changed (scheduled maintenance) with Mobile 1 full synthetic. Problem solved!

Favorite Features

Soft leather Comfortable seats Great acceleration Stability control, traction control Bright gauges Nice speakers Homelink Excellent build quality Handling Dual power outlets in front Lazy susan storage and other storage spaces Seating configuration Dual zone climate control Window shades

Suggested Improvements

There should be a button in the back of the vehicle that opens and closes the power sliding doors instead of having to pull the handle to activate them. For a vehicle at this price point and with so many features, I'm not sure how there isn't automatic headlights or HID lights.