2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Great Vehicle!
By amirjones78 on 05/01/12 15:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best vehicle I've owned. It's also one of the most comfortable vehicles I've ever driven. The ride is very comfortable and quiet. Handling is excellent. I always feel in complete control in any type of weather in my Odyssey. Contrary to some of the reviews I'm seeing for this year of Odyssey; I don't really have problems with it. The only problem I had was a power steering reservoir that needed to be replaced ($125ish). At one point there was an odd vibration between 25 and 30 mph. Many people replaced the transmission or torque converter with no success. I just had the transmission fluid changed (scheduled maintenance) with Mobile 1 full synthetic. Problem solved!

Great minivan
By jd1isa2 on 10/19/11 14:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van about 4 years ago as a CPO. It has been a great family car for us. No problems really except for the expected wear and tear of certain parts (nothing unusual). This van is very comfortable especially on long drives. The Econo feature is great when you are cruising. Captains chair provide adequate support. Have decent leg room even for the 3rd row seat. I'm 6 foot tall and surprising able to fit adequately in the third row without difficulty. Highly recommended vehicle

Keeps on Ticking
By glaffin on 08/08/10 07:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

While not exciting, this vehicle has given us dependable, efficient service for 5 years. Adequate power, comfortable ride and cavernous interior for lugging "stuff". Great for our two large dogs who travel with us. Highly recommended.

An incredible experience with ownership
By Charles Rosenbaum on 04/29/10 17:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2005 Honda odyssey is the very best vehicle that I have ever owned. The ride is unparalleled along with the many safety features. The fuel economy with this vehicle continues to go well beyond my expectations. I have had absolutely trouble free driving. Never a problem with my vehicle.

Great Van
By Jim on 03/16/10 17:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First Honda ever purchased. Best vehicle ever owned. Over 100,000 miles and never been back to dealer for any problem. Still has original brake pads. Will buy another one.

Honda not as reliable as I thought
By stolla on 10/19/09 17:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Likes: Looks, performance, handling. Dislikes: Oil consumption: recently began burning off oil. About a pint every 2000 miles. I used castrol syntec 5w20 since new and had it serviced by dealer. Dealer reply that this oil consumption is normal. This is the first vehicle I ever owned including a Dodge caravan with 130k miles that ever burned this much oil. I am not a Honda believer any more. My hyundai elantra 2002 with 140k uses no oil between 5k synthetic oil changes. Brakes: Rotors resurfaced at 20k miles and replaced at 45k miles. The brakes are already shaking again at 50k miles. Road noise, rattles (doors and moonroof).

The best minivan
By Joseph Hachey on 11/30/05 21:24 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had a problem with the airbag light coming on. It was only after four attempts that the problem was solved by changing the sensor in the rear side panel. Cabin noise is my main complain over 40 mph. I find the michelin tires to be excessibly noisy on certain road surfaces. Cruising around 60 mph I've noted at times the vcm trasition as hesitant and presenting a noise similar to a leak in the muffler or manufold.

Love this Minivan!!
By Michelle on 11/17/05 17:01 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great minivan. It is very reliable and drives like a car. My husband drives a Lincoln LS and I think the Odyssey handles better than it.

Lots Of Quality Problems
By Odyssey 05 owner on 11/07/05 11:35 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Fun to drive and comfortable but has been in shop 7 times with quality issues. Steering wheel pump replaced, sliding door problems, seat fell apart, etc. Lots of wind noise. Have talked to dealership and corporation and they don't care that a brand new car is in the shop all the time. I don't recommend this car to anyone!

Not like old Honda Quality
By odybill on 10/13/05 12:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've already had it in the shop for a warranty cracked windshield replacement, but had to wait 6 weeks to schedule an appointment for the Honda rep to okay the replacement. The quality control on this Honda is not like what I had in my '95 Civic. I've had interior trims coming apart, middle seat belt holder cover for the middle and back row, the left seat leather cover is popping off the trim whenever i drop the rear seat into the rear well. The 'map' box has a decent size gap from the dashboard. Gas mileage is nowhere near advertised on sticker. We took it for a 1500 mile trip and averaged 21mpg hwy at best, but that was with AC and a bit rolling terrain. .