Odyssey - Positive and Negatives
By Deborah on
2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
The Odyssey was a wonderful touring van when I traveled over 8500 miles during the first summer I had it. The gas mileage was good on the trip and it performed perfectly. I've always felt very secure on the highway while passing trucks and in inclement weather. My only complaint is with one of the sliding doors. In Florida, it wouldn't open and on a trip to Kentucky, it failed to open. It's frightening especially if there was an accident. I definitely feel I got a lemon on the door. This is the only problem I've had with the van and when it happens, it is very annoying.
Favorite Features
I enjoy the fact that I can move most anything in the spacious cargo area. This is my answer to having a vehicle and a truck.I've hauled a sofa and several pieces of furniture.I like that it is closer to the ground since I am short & I don't have to bend excessively to remove suitcases. I am older.
Suggested Improvements
The back door is very heavy to open and close, the gear shift is large and bulky, a compass would be nice, a magic seat which is easier to convert.