Good van for the price
By dcordell on
2004 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I got a good deal on a 04 Odyssey LX with 55,000 miles on it so I chose it over the more expensive Sienna. In the three months I've owned it I have been impressed with the power, roominess, handling, and reliability. This van will keep up with the traffic with no strain, even in the mountains of NC. Handling is good and it really sticks to the road but the ride on mine is not smooth. You can use the van to do some pretty hefty hauling with the 3rd row seat in the floor and and the 2nd row moved out. With the seats up it seats 7 fairly comfortably. The little lug wrench that comes with the van wouldn't budge the lugs when I had a flat. Overall I have been pleased with the van.
Favorite Features
I like the roomines, power, handling, and reliability. Stow and go back seat is convenient. Visibility is great. Has rear AC and heat, power locks, cruise with the controls on the steering wheel. Steering is very precise. I have gotten up to 26 MPG on the highway (with AC off).
Suggested Improvements
The ride is bumpy and not smooth on mine and the road noise is bad. Squeaks and rattles sometimes. Had to replace a motor mount and CV axle. Door stops are worn and need replacing down the road. LX model does not have remote entry, automatic locks, power seats, or power sliding doors.