Used 2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

2 Years in -- Very Happy
By Mad Hungarian

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the Odyssey used with only 13k miles. Now it has about 38k miles and it has been highly reliable and very comfortable. Very good gas mileage for a V6 van. (Glad we did not buy an SUV.) The Odyssey has more room and easily handles whatever winter weather we get in PA. Rear storage is a "well" that the third seat folds into. The V6 is powerful and transmission smooth. The traction control worked perfectly when needed on an icy hill.

The leather seats are excellent. After an 8 hour vacation drive you appreciate the firm padding. Ton of room for sporting weekends and vacations. There are hooks in the trunk that hold the plastic grocery bags!

Side slider doors are powered, rear door could be also.

4 years..absolutely no problem
By josamars

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Drives like a car, very precise handling for a VAN, just recently replaced original tires with Yokohama AVID. Now is also very quiet. ZERO problems so far..

handling. feels very safe, plenty of internal space

Choose quieter tires that those that come standard

As expected
By Kevin

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a horse. No problems to speak of. Battery might need replacing by winter. Rides smooth and quiet and has plenty of power. Tons of room and everything is laid out properly. Excellent ergonomics from front to back. Too bad no LX RES package offered anymore.

Ride quality Comfortable seats Tons of space

Rear gate tough to close 3rd row tough to convert

Odyssey - Positive and Negatives
By Deborah

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Odyssey was a wonderful touring van when I traveled over 8500 miles during the first summer I had it. The gas mileage was good on the trip and it performed perfectly. I've always felt very secure on the highway while passing trucks and in inclement weather. My only complaint is with one of the sliding doors. In Florida, it wouldn't open and on a trip to Kentucky, it failed to open. It's frightening especially if there was an accident. I definitely feel I got a lemon on the door. This is the only problem I've had with the van and when it happens, it is very annoying.

I enjoy the fact that I can move most anything in the spacious cargo area. This is my answer to having a vehicle and a truck.I've hauled a sofa and several pieces of furniture.I like that it is closer to the ground since I am short & I don't have to bend excessively to remove suitcases. I am older.

The back door is very heavy to open and close, the gear shift is large and bulky, a compass would be nice, a magic seat which is easier to convert.

Great Used Car
By Throckmorton

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the van last year as a certified used with under 36K miles. I bought the extended bumper to bumper warranty. There have been several small issues with the car. The brakes made some noise and there was a squeak coming from the back. I had to bring the car in twice to get the issues fixed (road with the head of service the 2nd go round), but overall I'm very satisfied with this car. I did just have to put a new battery in it, but the car is over 4 years old. It rides great and I find it extremely comfortable on long trips (what others call stiff, I think is support). I've bought nothing but Honda/Acura over the last 14 years and this purchase will strengthen my loyalty.

Fold down rear seats, cargo space, auto sliding doors.

Not a big fan of the shift lever on the steering column. It blocks some dash buttons while in drive, but this was corrected on the subsequent models.