Used 2004 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Lemon
By SANDY

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had been a faithful Honda customer for the past 15 years, but no more. This Odyssey has been nothing but trouble in the 44k miles that we have put on in 5 years. Problems that have had to be fixed so far - radio controls on the steering wheel, rollers on both power sliding doors, all 5 engine mounts, A/C compressor, seat belts. In addition, the original Michelins wore out in 20k miles. I am ready to dump this and get me a Toyota.

None.

Reliability. Better customer service.

2 Years in -- Very Happy
By Mad Hungarian

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the Odyssey used with only 13k miles. Now it has about 38k miles and it has been highly reliable and very comfortable. Very good gas mileage for a V6 van. (Glad we did not buy an SUV.) The Odyssey has more room and easily handles whatever winter weather we get in PA. Rear storage is a "well" that the third seat folds into. The V6 is powerful and transmission smooth. The traction control worked perfectly when needed on an icy hill.

The leather seats are excellent. After an 8 hour vacation drive you appreciate the firm padding. Ton of room for sporting weekends and vacations. There are hooks in the trunk that hold the plastic grocery bags!

Side slider doors are powered, rear door could be also.

4 years..absolutely no problem
By josamars

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Drives like a car, very precise handling for a VAN, just recently replaced original tires with Yokohama AVID. Now is also very quiet. ZERO problems so far..

handling. feels very safe, plenty of internal space

Choose quieter tires that those that come standard

As expected
By Kevin

2004 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a horse. No problems to speak of. Battery might need replacing by winter. Rides smooth and quiet and has plenty of power. Tons of room and everything is laid out properly. Excellent ergonomics from front to back. Too bad no LX RES package offered anymore.

Ride quality Comfortable seats Tons of space

Rear gate tough to close 3rd row tough to convert

Odyssey - Positive and Negatives
By Deborah

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Odyssey was a wonderful touring van when I traveled over 8500 miles during the first summer I had it. The gas mileage was good on the trip and it performed perfectly. I've always felt very secure on the highway while passing trucks and in inclement weather. My only complaint is with one of the sliding doors. In Florida, it wouldn't open and on a trip to Kentucky, it failed to open. It's frightening especially if there was an accident. I definitely feel I got a lemon on the door. This is the only problem I've had with the van and when it happens, it is very annoying.

I enjoy the fact that I can move most anything in the spacious cargo area. This is my answer to having a vehicle and a truck.I've hauled a sofa and several pieces of furniture.I like that it is closer to the ground since I am short & I don't have to bend excessively to remove suitcases. I am older.

The back door is very heavy to open and close, the gear shift is large and bulky, a compass would be nice, a magic seat which is easier to convert.