2004 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Good performance, Pood design
By Road Hazard on 12/24/04 14:38 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My experience with the Odyssey has generally been good except for a major repair to the AC compressor at 11000 miles. A small stone the size of a pea penetrated the compressor and required a $450 repair at my expense. Honda claimed this was a road hazard damage. Warning to all Honda owners: There are Billions of these pea sized hazards all over the roads in the USA!! Honda needs to add deflectors in the front grill to reduce the potential damage.

Disappointed
By GML on 12/22/04 10:51 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall the van is nice, but I miss all the creature comforts that come on domestic vehicles, like outside air temp, compass, day time running lights, automatic headlights & auto dimming rear view mirror. Road noise is also very bad. No tow package available except through dealer & they want $1000 to install. Any domestic vehicle I have ever ordered it on, was never more than $300-$400.

Mom of 4
By Mom of 4 on 12/22/04 08:37 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a mom of 4 including twin boys, the van was a gift from my husband. The kids love the van the automatic doors are great with the press of a button when mom's hands are full. Leather seats with heat make it nice for mom. Also surround sound DVD with headphones for the kids while mom can still listen to her radio! AWESOME. I have owned this van for almost 3 years, still looks runs great. Another great feature with the electic doors is while putting gas in one day my youngest son attempted to open the door where I was putting gas, before I could yell, the door sounded and didn't move!Great Thinking Honda! Saved a mess and dent! I would buy another Honda any day!

Evaluation of our 2004 Honda Odyssey
By Rich Stagg on 12/22/04 07:59 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

At 14000 miles we are generally very pleased with the van. The ride is smooth, reasonably good mileage for a van this size and performance has been very good. Excellent storage capacity for a minivan. We have no regrets in the fact we purchased this van over several other makes we researched and test drove. However, after seeing the 2005 models I wished we had waited as they have made several nice feature improvements in the 2005 especially internally. Also like the 2005 exterior styling as something different from thesame old same old style. If the van continues to perform as currently we will trade for another in the future.

My best van
By Marinus Vandermaas on 12/22/04 07:54 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Van performes flawless and is fun to drive. The 5 speed transmission was replaced and recalled one time for improvement. The only annoyance is the wind noise with side wind and driving @ 70mph when air enters through the drivers side window.

Great Minivan
By FentonMD on 12/02/04 22:08 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent engine/transmission. Very smooth ride. Drives like a car. Interior room huge and versatile. We have the DVD system with wireless headphones which works flawlessly. Build quality is very good and the van feels solid. Will definitely consider buying a 3rd generation ody in a few years.

It's alright
By No more Hondas on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My Chrysler T&C LXi was refusing to start at random intervals, so I decided to get the gold standard; Honda Odyssey. I paid full retail and got a van that had a mystery groan. I owned it for three months. After 3 weeks in the shop, they'd found and welded a body joint that never got made in the factory. I refused to keep it; Honda refused to replace until we were on the verge of a BBB arbitration meeting. The replacement (which still cost me $1000 more) had a rattle in the A-pillar, a noisy front seat tray, and some buggy dome light switches. This is not the great van that I expected. It's only okay. Detroit can unpucker a little. I guess Honda's are designed and built by humans, after all.

Great Buy!
By MANUK on 10/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got the last of the 04 Odessey EX- RES for $25K_tax and title. Unbeleivable price for the bay area. $3.5K less than MSRP. The vehicle rides great and everything works perfect. Mine was built in August 2004, must be one of the last to roll of the line in Lincoln, Alabama before the new 2005s models took over. I think Honds has had time to fix every little design and build issue in the 6 years they built this truck, becuse I have not had a single problem or even a minor irritant with more than 2500 miles on the van already. I drive over 80 miles a day in long freeway stretches and the great hight visibility of the van is good, without a major sacrifice on

Now 14,000 miles
By kee choi on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After 14,000 miles and 10 months I think it rides a little better than the first few months. Still very responsive, handles well and very stable at high speeds even near 100 mph.The engine & transmission are smooth and with a slight braiking in downhill, I feel some engine braking automatically engages in. Had a chance to drive almost new dodge grand caravan. The ride was superior to that of honda though the engine wasn't as smooth as honda.The transmission was about the same. Overall I noticed that the Grand caravan was easier to drive than honda. The Sienna has a better ride than honda but not as responsive or stable as Honda.

First time Honda buyer.
By New Honda Boy on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was tired of my GM's lasting only 110k miles, so I decided to try Honda. So far it has been very good. We did notice that the power slider doors have a design issue. The kids feet fit into the door track and little stones from their shoes drop into the track and they stop the door from working. Also, the entertainment system is not easy to figure out. Overall, the van has been very reliable.