2004 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews 7

2004 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

2004 Odyssey Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
happy owner
By John Burkholder

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is great for my family of five. The fuel efficiency and ease of entry/exit for my children (aged 3-5) helped us choose this one over an SUV. The car has been very reliable, with no out of pocket expenses other than oil changes for the past 2 years.

Favorite Features

electric sliding doors

Suggested Improvements

60/40 split third row seat.

Honda van
By ozdoggie

2004 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van is great: large, comfortable and reliable. Better gas mileage than the small Dodge Caravan I owned. Easy to handle and amazing to park for a big vehicle.

Excellent Vehicle
By Alex

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Honda Odyssey, and I think they are fantastic vehicles; safe, reliable, versatile, efficient, comfortable - one of the best 'all- around' vehicles on the road. And you can NEVER go wrong with a fun-to-drive Honda engine.

Favorite Features

Versatility

Suggested Improvements

60/40 split rear bench; improved fuel economy.

Honda odyssey
By Randy Frank

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Like the van a lot performance is good ride on trips is comfortable. Plenty of room.First minivan and would buy again.

Favorite Features

gas millage is good. comfortable ride. plenty of get up and go.

Suggested Improvements

needs better center console. outside temperature reading.needs better sound system.auto headlamps auto rear lift gate

What more could you ask for?
By Stephanie Taylor

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Sure, the 2005 are a lot better looking inside and out, but who's got $15,000 more dollars when you can get an 04 that's just as good. We've had ours a week. We shopped around for almost 6 months. It was between the Sienna and this. The Honda looks better outside. The Sienna has more "cubby holes" and looks a little fancier. But as far as SAFETY, RELIABILITY, RESALE VALUE, and LOOKS..Honda's got everyone beat. Your kids are the most precious thing, and you would want them to be as safe as possible... what are you going to trust? A van that's won the "Safest Car on the Road" for like 5 years now... HONDA ODYSSEY! Has that sporty feel, takes corners wonderfully, excellent for trips!

Favorite Features

The kids can listen to a different radio station in the back, the DVD player and controls are in the front, no more reaching way back there to plug in a DVD, fast forward, or straining with the remote. (We have 3 children under 4) The back vents are on the ceiling instead of the side, how awesome!

Suggested Improvements

Like I've already said, the 2005 has everything I would suggest! Like not having to take the head rests off the back seat to fold it down into the floor, more gorgeous outside, nicer inside, more powerful engine... and help with the gas mileage! They are just getting better and better..

my first van! I love it
By christi

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

we researched all of the best minivans before we purchased our Honda. We chose the Honda due to great crash rates, the roomy cabin, fuel economy. Other vans were very over priced on the sticker for the exact features we got. I dont think you should have to go in and haggle over $5,000 difference. I love my Honda!I would definitely recommend this van, in fact I have.

Favorite Features

Roomy cabin. Even the 3rd row is adult worthy. Good fuel economy. The dvd player is a big hit. The deep rear cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

The tilt wheel doesnt tilt very far. Also my 6'2" husband cannot see all of the control panel, due to the steering wheel. It seems to be designed for smaller people. Same problem with drivers head restraint-not adjustable for taller people.

Nice Van
By Tod

2004 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nice van—functional, reliable reputation. We traded a 2000 Camry LE in for this van. The Camry was plush. The van has a cheap plastic feel to it; however it seems sturdy as if it will take the abuse that is evitable from family use. Overall I think the van is practical, and if it stands up to its reliable reputation it will be a good value.

Favorite Features

The LX model being the base model has nothing that stands out as extra ordinary. My favorites are Honda’s reliability reputation and its high resale.

Suggested Improvements

Many of the improvements that I would recommend could be found on the EX model if I would have been able and willing to spend the extra money. However any 2004 vehicle sold today should have a CD player, which the LX does not. Keyless entry and a luggage rack would’ve been nice.

Made my wife like Minivans
By Happy Dad

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife went from a 2 door Honda Civic EX, to a 4 door Honda Accord LX to the Honda Odyssey EXL with Rear Entertainment System. Before this van she swore she would never drive a minivan. But, with 3 kids now it is a necessity. We both love this van. It rides very smoothly. Has lots of room and the DVD player keeps the kids occupied on long trips. The horse power is great too. We drove a 2004 Toyota Sienna when we shopped and a Chrysler Town and Country. The Sienna had a couple more bells and whistles (second row power windows, more power outlets, power lift gate) and I really like the Town and Country's stow and go seats. But I am very glad we bought an Odyssey.

Favorite Features

Interior space, smooth ride, reliability and price.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage. It gets about 18 overall. Stow and go seats like the Town and Country. More power outlets in front. Gauge that tells directions, miles per gallon and trip miles.

Excellent
By Jordan

2004 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Awesome car, we took it on our trip to CO, best trip ever had!

2004 EX Honda Odyssey w/DVD
By cbsprings

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great family car, comfortable, reliable, good value for the money. Great Honda quality and reputation. Enjoy the DVD entertainment system for the kids. Nice ride, has lots of pep for passing, very good handling for a van.

Favorite Features

dvd entertainment system with wireless headphones, radio controls on steering wheel

Suggested Improvements

Third seat should be split and fold into the floor. Outside tempature gauge and gallons till empty indicator