2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
'04 ODYSSEY EXL AS SALES VEHICLE
By BTBUTZ on 12/18/06 23:17 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After driving a '02 Caravan Sport with the 3.3ltr engine & 4 spd trans., test driving the '04 Honda Odyssey was a real eyeopener and proved to be very reliable for my Midwest sales rep. territory. The Honda was hands down smoother in every way and more powerful to boot. I liked my GC, but the Odyssey has me sold and I will buy the '07 Touring for our family vehicle soon. I will buy another Dodge GC also, to run 'til it falls apart, hopefully later than sooner for my work vehicle. Utility van, this time bought with 80k miles, depreciated all the way out. Would recommend Dodge or Chrysler owners at least drive the Odyssey before making the choice

So much room!
By rvtprincess on 09/08/06 13:12 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded our '04 Accord in for this because of a 2nd baby on the way and wanted more room. Boy, is there ever tons of space! It's very peppy- gets up and goes quick for a family car. Dual sliding doors are so nice with kids when my hands are full. Turns on a dime and has great visibility. Wish I could've sprung for an '05 w/ remote rear door opener.

Honda Odyssey
By wamlam on 08/20/06 07:57 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoy driving this van, it is easy to handle and I DO NOT worry about my young children opening the door while we are riding down the road. The ride is smooth and bumps are unheard of in this van.

I want my MPG
By tel5654 on 08/01/06 16:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Odyssey after much research and I am very happy with my decision. I love the pep and the handling. My kids and I thoroughly enjoy driving this van.

Dream van
By medic-34 on 07/26/06 20:34 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van is everything that a Honda advertises. 240 Hp is more than adequate, very comfortable, all around excellence

Odyssey 2004 EX
By miatamama on 07/23/06 16:36 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Leased the vehicle from local dealer. Excellent performance, reliability, build quality. Wished I had waited 6 mos. for the new improved redesign.

The only choice
By sause on 07/04/06 17:12 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best overall value in the class. We traded a domestic van that we enjoyed very much and listened to the hype about the Honda. We drove it and bought it after doing the diligence of looking around.

A/C Fan motor
By Ed K on 05/01/06 15:02 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Since I bought this odyssey I have experienced problems with the fan motor roaring like a bearing going bad. Turns out to be leaves getting into the fan motor. Honda cleaned it out the first time for free. Said not to park near trees (really). The second and third time I had to fight with them to repair with no charge. I wrote Honda and expained that this has to be a design flaw but they obviously do not agree. They refuse to put their answer in writing. This problem happens regularly every three to four months. Since I have owned over 12 new vehicles without this type of problem I strongly feel this is a design problem. I like the new touring 2006 models but I am hesitent to buy.

Would do it again!
By S Miller on 03/11/06 10:22 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

With no kids, our 02 CR-V was fine, but now with 2 kids, our 04 Odyssey is awesome! Never thought I would drive a mini van but this feels more like a luxury car! Our EX-L is way below the lease miles (by almost half!) So the decision to buy it next year will be difficult! Comfort for all is top notch and performance for such a big vehicle is better than expected! Beware if you put your foot in it, the pickup is fun but it will eat your gas! We usually leave the rear headrests off, the seat is rarly used but remains up for the use of the deep well for storage of stroller n stuff. Both kids are in child seats and are an ease to put them in with the wide doors. We love it and will do it again!

happy owner
By John Burkholder on 01/21/06 11:26 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is great for my family of five. The fuel efficiency and ease of entry/exit for my children (aged 3-5) helped us choose this one over an SUV. The car has been very reliable, with no out of pocket expenses other than oil changes for the past 2 years.