Used 2004 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

A Space Odyssey
By Family Man

2004 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in my Caravan for the Odyssey because of high Consumer Reports on the Honda. Car has had numerous small problems such as SRS light twice, heater didn't work twice, Stabilizer ends, power doors. Lock the car when you leave or the remote in your pocket will open the power doors. Alarm goes off unprovoked. Won't buy another Odyssey but will consider the Caravan again.

Get rid of power doors and open them the old fashioned way.

Repairs
By fireman2

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2004 was great. The design of the power drivers seat controls is horrible. Every time you get out of the van your left leg pulls on the side seat console, as for now I have no control of the drivers seat. The trans blew at 80,000 cost me over 3,000. Only really good thing -- The paint was peeling off BAD, the dealer had NO ANSWER!!! Called Honda USA In Calif, gave the VIN #, right away the rep stated that my van was manu. in Alabama and the paint jobs were lousy!!! He gave me numbers and letters and told me to call any Honda dealership. REPAINTED -- THE WHOLE VAN -- FREE!!!! Also like other owners--Had to replace motor mounts at 65,000 miles.

Trans - Drivers seat controls

Odyssey Excellency
By SportGears

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van in 2004 and it's still going strong at 160k miles. No problem whatsoever. We love this car... highly recommended.

reliability

Hybrid for truck. Why not hybrid for this van. That would be perfect. Anyone ever thought of that????? Hello...

Honda Disappoints
By Elisa N.

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned several models of Honda in my life. I have always equated Honda with quality. Not so any more. My Honda Minivan has been a huge LEMON. The transmission failed me at 60,000 miles and I was almost killed when it happened. I have spent a fortune on this Honda minivan and I wish I had bought a LEXUS or an INFINITI instead. I love the automatic doors but that's about it. Unfortunately HONDA has severely disappointed me with their transmission issues. I am no longer a lover of HONDA. I need to find a new reliable brand of car. SHAME!!!

Good van for the price
By dcordell

2004 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got a good deal on a 04 Odyssey LX with 55,000 miles on it so I chose it over the more expensive Sienna. In the three months I've owned it I have been impressed with the power, roominess, handling, and reliability. This van will keep up with the traffic with no strain, even in the mountains of NC. Handling is good and it really sticks to the road but the ride on mine is not smooth. You can use the van to do some pretty hefty hauling with the 3rd row seat in the floor and and the 2nd row moved out. With the seats up it seats 7 fairly comfortably. The little lug wrench that comes with the van wouldn't budge the lugs when I had a flat. Overall I have been pleased with the van.

I like the roomines, power, handling, and reliability. Stow and go back seat is convenient. Visibility is great. Has rear AC and heat, power locks, cruise with the controls on the steering wheel. Steering is very precise. I have gotten up to 26 MPG on the highway (with AC off).

The ride is bumpy and not smooth on mine and the road noise is bad. Squeaks and rattles sometimes. Had to replace a motor mount and CV axle. Door stops are worn and need replacing down the road. LX model does not have remote entry, automatic locks, power seats, or power sliding doors.