Used 2004 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews - 382 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

1st and Last Honda
By gwal

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van as our family grew and we needed more room and wanted it to be reliable. It was a certified van with 29,000 mi on it. After purchase, I immediately became unsatisfied with the amount of road noise and interior functions malfunctioning. Issues were fixed under certified warranty. At 50,000 mi (current) started to have transmission shuddering even though maintenance schedule has been followed. After 3 trips to the dealer and a call to Honda, they are replacing the transmission under warranty. Don't know how many miles this one will last, but hopefully until I can trade it. Van depreciated horribly and will probably have to keep it another 2 years to break even on trade.

Powerful engine, lots of space, decent gas mileage if driven lightly.

Transmission, steering wheel radio controls, road noise, sound system, more comfortable seats.

A Space Odyssey
By Family Man

2004 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in my Caravan for the Odyssey because of high Consumer Reports on the Honda. Car has had numerous small problems such as SRS light twice, heater didn't work twice, Stabilizer ends, power doors. Lock the car when you leave or the remote in your pocket will open the power doors. Alarm goes off unprovoked. Won't buy another Odyssey but will consider the Caravan again.

Get rid of power doors and open them the old fashioned way.

Repairs
By fireman2

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2004 was great. The design of the power drivers seat controls is horrible. Every time you get out of the van your left leg pulls on the side seat console, as for now I have no control of the drivers seat. The trans blew at 80,000 cost me over 3,000. Only really good thing -- The paint was peeling off BAD, the dealer had NO ANSWER!!! Called Honda USA In Calif, gave the VIN #, right away the rep stated that my van was manu. in Alabama and the paint jobs were lousy!!! He gave me numbers and letters and told me to call any Honda dealership. REPAINTED -- THE WHOLE VAN -- FREE!!!! Also like other owners--Had to replace motor mounts at 65,000 miles.

Trans - Drivers seat controls

Odyssey Excellency
By SportGears

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van in 2004 and it's still going strong at 160k miles. No problem whatsoever. We love this car... highly recommended.

reliability

Hybrid for truck. Why not hybrid for this van. That would be perfect. Anyone ever thought of that????? Hello...

Honda Disappoints
By Elisa N.

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned several models of Honda in my life. I have always equated Honda with quality. Not so any more. My Honda Minivan has been a huge LEMON. The transmission failed me at 60,000 miles and I was almost killed when it happened. I have spent a fortune on this Honda minivan and I wish I had bought a LEXUS or an INFINITI instead. I love the automatic doors but that's about it. Unfortunately HONDA has severely disappointed me with their transmission issues. I am no longer a lover of HONDA. I need to find a new reliable brand of car. SHAME!!!