2004 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Used 2004 Honda Odyssey
By david on 01/21/08 08:27 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We absolutely love this van! It is a big change from the Kia Sephia we were driving. I feel like we got a very good deal on it and it was in like new condition with the occassional scratches for a 4yr old van. It drives and handles wonderfully. I love the heated seats and the dvd plays great. My only complaint is that I wish the back tailgate would lift and close more smoothly. Other than that I love it! Gas mileage is 20-25 depending on where I am driving. It is very spacious and I like that you can move the 2 middle captain seats around or take them out. And also that the back seats lowers down for more space. This is a Great van! No way could we have paid the new sticker price for it.

Best minivan out there
By jad0110 on 11/17/07 08:09 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our Ody new in 5/2004 and have put 38k on it since. Unless you plan to tow or offroad, this van is an excellent choice. It is like a good leatherman tool - it does everything you ask of it. The seats are superbly comfy, even the 3rd row is useable (an I'm 6'7"). Plus, the driving dynamics are very good for a 2+ ton minivan. Steering is nicely weighted and precise. Handling is very good. Power is pretty awesome, especially when you feel (and hear) the VTEC system kick in at around 4600 rpm. Gas mileage is respectable for such a vehicle of it's weight and power. And it runs happily on Regular, unlike the Toyota Sienna in '04 - that was a big selling point.

Excellent van
By Terry on 10/20/07 20:12 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a wonderful driving van. Only negative is some wind noise. I would highly recommended this model. The wireless DVD headphones, seperate control for front & back radio/DVD is a great feature.

A mature year
By josamars on 09/07/07 19:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Odyssey 2004, seems to be the model where the generation that started in 1999 got almost perfect. Most of the minor flaws that affected previous models were corrected, on the other side it does not suffer the early glitches of the new generation (AC failures). This minivan does everything right. I've been leasing it and plan to buy. Zero problems in 3 years. Some friends driving Chrysler are already "pals" of the dealer technicians.

Great Mini
By Christa Brownt on 08/21/07 14:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought our '04 in '04. It was great and easy to use with an infant car seat. Plenty of room for those darn rear-facing car seats. Somewhat difficult teather location, but manageable. Love Hondas for their "child-friendliness" Tons of cup holders, pockets, room. Had no problems with engine or handling. My big complaint is the road noise. When we have the kids tunes on and try to talk over the road noise, we pretty much have to scream at each other. Can't listen to talk radio when on the highway, because I can't hear what they are saying over the road noise. It is really my one and only complaint.

Mother of three boys
By lawrence dorsey on 07/26/07 08:33 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It's big enough for me to drive my three boys around yet I don't feel like I'm driving a van. I am able to drive it like a car.

Excellent (for a van)....
By ldc1956 on 05/24/07 06:37 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought one of the last of these built prior to model styling change. Towards the end Honda offered DVD with cloth seating (EX RES); before, DVD was only available with leather. The Odyssey was one of the few models which would allow us to fit four car seats (4 kids under 4 yrs.) while enabling access for an adult to buckle 3rd row passengers without removing 2nd row car seats and occupants. We've taken to turning off the interior light with the dash master switch because we've run the battery down several times when we didn't know one of the kids had switched on their overhead light. Other than the transmission lubrication recall, we've gone 22K miles with no repairs, just regular maint.

Excellent Van!
By cln475 on 04/27/07 11:58 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We leased our Oddysey in May of 2004. My wife had just given birth to our third child and we needed the space. We got rid of our 2002 Accord and purchased the Ody. The turning radius is amazing. You can literally drive in a tight circle on the parking lot. Roomy, comfortable and the DVD system keeps the kids quiet on long trips. We like this van so much we are purchasing it now that the lease is up. The problems we had were the OEM tires, Michelins. Bald at about 30K. Also the mileage was not great. Averaging about 17 mixed driving. Reliable, family friendly and comfortable. Good vehicle.

Fantastic Car
By kmikh on 03/21/07 10:53 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car new and have since put on 48,000 miles. We have not had a single problem. It's a good performer. Our two kids love it. It has hauled a lot of cargo for us. This car is 10 time better than our old Chevy Venture. America should learn a thing or two regarding reliability from Honda.

almost all I expected!
By Alvaro Fernandez on 01/09/07 22:45 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am leasing this vehicle since may 2004 and pretty much planning to buy it! Yes, there is room to improve but so far we are 99% satisfied with everything related to it!