2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Great Van Great Value
By Good1 on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love our Odyssey! It has about 4000 miles on it so far. We have taken a couple of road tirps of about 2 to 5 hours in duration and it drives like a dream. I have yet to find anything that I do not like. It is very user friendly and a great value for what you get. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good mini van.

I love my Honda
By CChrietz on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned various Hondas in the past 10 years and it is the only car I will purchase. You defenitly get your monies worth.

The best minivan
By Odyssey Owner on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent handling. Best price,

BEST MINI-VAN YET FOR ME
By HONDA LOVER on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I HAVE OWNED TWO FORD MINI-VANS (WINDSTARS) AND A DODGE GRAND CARAVAN AND THE HONDA IS BY FAR THE BEST VAN I HAVE EVER OWNED OR DRIVEN. IT HANDLES LIKE A CAR AND THE MILEAGE AND POWER IS FANTASTIC. I AM A SALES MANAGER AND DRIVE IT A LOT ON THE OPEN HIGHWAY, IT A DREAM FOR LONG DISTANCE DRIVING. SO FAR NOT A THING WRONG WITH THIS VEHICLE AS DELIVERED. THE ONLY NEGATIVES I SEE ARE THE LACK OF LIGHTED CONTROLS FOR THE WINDOWS AND THE CRUISE CONTOL.I FUMBLE WITH THEM AT NIGHT. THE DETENT FOR THE DRIVE POSITION IS IFFY. I HAVE FOUND MYSELF DRIVING IN D3 SEVERAL TIMES BUT BECAUSE THE ENGINE IS SO QUITE I DO NOT NOTICE IT UNLESS I LOOK AT THE TACH.

Best vehicle
By Honda Hona on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had been looking for a van or SUV for quite some time and am very happy with my Oddyssey. For the last few weeks, we have been breaking the Odyssey in taking drives up and down the coast and have been pleased at the comfortable ride, handling, cornering and very ample acceleration. My fuel mileage has been about 20mpg for combined street and freeway driving. It has a very solid feel and we feel very safe riding in it.

Horrible experience!!!
By Douglas Kelley on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase this Odyssey from Rick Case Honda in Florida and from the beginning to now the Honda Odyssey and the Honda experience has been horrible!! The vehicle has been to the shop 5 times for different things going wrong....The problems can be fixed but not always permanently as 2 of the problems have come back....stay away...stay away...stay away!!!!

Best D*mn Minivan
By Gamecock Odyssey on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Simply the best version of the most practical car on the road.

Overrated
By mtheadjr on 11/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle. It has a transmission problem which the mechanic ackowledges but says cannot be fixed as the part has a faulty design. It knocks, or slips, at midspeeds. I also find the car to be very road noisy. The AC does not blow very cold and the gas mileage stinks. Wish I had never bought it - would not recommend it to anyone. PS _ this is my second one - the first was returned to the dealer after 2 days when it too had a transmission problem which required it to be towed. Should have taken the hint then and run.

Performance Guy turned into a Grizwald
By chask on 11/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We chose Honda based on three main variables: 1Roominess 2Reliabil.3Value I felt Honda gave us plenty of room(if not too much)The fold down seat allows for alot of storage.The reliab. of Honda products in our house has always been great.The Value was a big key to our purchase.We did not see the 'incentives' given by the other manufac. to be real.A $32000 Dodge with incent. of $3500 still lacked many of the feat./perfor.we got in Honda.We found pricing the packages to be confusing and misleading.We like the fact that you had basically 3 packages to choose from and that was it.

I don't need a pick-up truck
By sorrykanalang on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

.. I don't have to buy a pick-up truck, cargo space for drywalls and/or other large things is excellent. We have a big family and everyone likes it..It's fun to drive.. The power??? ohhh can't ask for more.