2004 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
1st Honda
By Don G on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great vehicle, grand kids love the DVD entertainment opt. Smooth ride with a performance "kick".

Not as good as they say.
By LowHarley on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I shopped around for a long time. The family is growing and needed a van. Went with the Honda because everyone said it was the best. Have 10,000 miles on it, and has been in the shop twice. First time fuel problems second time new trans. This van is not has good is everyone said. I wish I would have stayed with the Dodge/Chysler.

Best Minivan/ Best Auto Maker
By Back2themoon on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove a 2003 Windstar, 2004 Freestar, and a 2003 Sedona. I used my father-in- law's 99 T/C Limited and 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan (falling apart)as baselines for the Chrysler products. These guys are not in the same LEAGUE as Honda. We so happy we made this purchase. I don't know where to start: design, quality, structural integrity, handling, drivetrain (3.5L/240hp)...Buy the Best (Safest/Quality/Design/Engineering/ Resale) for your family, Honda! Chrysler may sell more minivans than Honda, true, but that is due to the rental fleet sales and production volume. Why do you think Chrysler introduced an "EX" model??? Still playing catch up...

Happy with our Honda
By Mwiz on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our second Honda and we love it. Honda certainly gets it right in terms of fit and finnish. Believe it or not, we chose this over a BMW. We thought for every day use this car drove just as nice so the extra expense of the BMW was nothing more extra expense. Personally I'd prefer a full console to the flip-down tray. Other than that it's great....quite fast too.

AWESOME VEHICLE!!!!
By Love it! on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We couldn't have made a better choice for a vehicle. I have to be careful with my back and the Odyssey makes getting the children in and out of the car a breeze. We will be driving an Odyssey for a long time and you cannot beat a Honda. Between my husband and I we have had three other Hondas and were super happy with each one.

Like a car
By Ki on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Powerful drive train and great responsiveness. Quick and very easy to drive around but ride is not comfortable due to sensitive steering wheel.

Honda Mini Van Rating EX Leather / Auto
By Bob Buys on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great all around van and and does everything well. I noticed an air noise coming from around the drivers door or window. Brought it back to the dealer who gave me the run around and said it was normal and all seals were in place. Adj. the door lock and changed the oil for free, because they couldn't fix the problem. Poor dealer service and i won't use them again. Nice van and plenty of room, great for travelling and the seats that fold into the floor are terrific. Nice smooth ride and handles well. All controls are laid out nicely and within arms reach.

Get it while you can
By Highway rider on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven porsches for 20 years and it was quite a change to get into a van. I love my odyssey and wish I had gotten one earlier. The interior is well appointed and the navigation system is reliable and fun to work.

I drove them all.....picked the Honda
By John Hendry on 12/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Up till this year there was absolutely no competition in my mind because the Sienna was too small. I have been a mechanic since 12 and watched the Odyssey drastically improve over 6 yrs. My needs are: 1: Size. Its home sweet home on a surf trip and everything from a 9.0 surfboard to a 118in Bird of Time R/C Glider has to fit inside. 2: Performance. Not only means "can go fast" but represents safety with good handling, good brakes, and acceleration to get out of the way of something that can crush you.

I've been convinced by using it
By The big guy on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Previously drove Lincoln Town Car. This van handles transport of a 3-wheel scooter for handicapped much easier without taking scooter apart to load it. Has better road mileage, ride, and performance than the Lincoln. Am sold on this vehicle for my use, and recommend it for others to try.