2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Odyssey rocks since Previa is gone
By MetaJohn on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Odyssey is the King of the Class: Familyroom sedans. It has way more power than it needs unless you have a boat or travel trailer. For most of us that's not an issue, and we'd love to trade 50 hp for 5 more MPGs! The Odyssey has great road feel, decent cornering, and will stop quickly enough. The TCS (Traction Control System) adds fractionally to road holding on bad roads but not nearly as much as either rear wheel or four wheel drive would. The sound system is very good. The heating and cooling work well, and quietly. The new front seat only seat heaters are a nice touch. The new leather seat covers and interior is very well appointed.

A happy family
By Erin on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a beautiful and reliable car that can take a lot of abuse and still works and looks great. The power doors still amaze people daily.

One awesome minivan
By Greg Stewart on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven many vehicles in the past, mostly cars but after test driving the honda oddessy I knew I had to own one. The oddessy is one awesome minivan, fun to drive and excelent road handling.

Love this van!
By Deborah Thomas on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this van! We had a Toyota Previa prior to buying this and thought it was great - this one is even better! We have 3 active,tall kids and seem to always be on the road. No complaints aboutleg room or lack of spave to put their travel stuff. Have taken it on several long trips and it is very comfortable. Has that "car" feel and ride. Would reccomend to all!

The truth about the Honda Oddyssey
By Alex Edgley on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Honda Oddyssey is a great car. It's been 1400 miles and has cost us very little to operate. It gets excellent mpg and the seats are perfect for long trips. Its suprisingly compact engine propels it to 60 faster than any of its competitors. But chances are your not going to care about that much. Honda's legendary reliability is very present in the Oddyssey model. In the duration that we have had it nothing has fallen off or has needed repair. With a Suburban which has twice as many faults, you would spend twice the amount on gas, and you would have to live with the shame of tras

Odyssey got it all
By Azhar Choudhry on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking for a minivan for a long time and was inclined to buy Town and Country but during the Odyssey test drive I changed my mind. I knew this is the one. So I bought 2004 model and since then I have no regrets. Its drive, safety, design, space and fuel economy is best in the minivan category. I know that I am driving the most reliable van out there.

Best Minivan - PERIOD
By Sheba099 on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned/rented just about every minivan known to man. The HOnda is the absolute best that there is. And talk about resale, there is nothing even remotely close to it in the industry. Try a Honda, and you will be a fan for life.

Car
By Johnsnh on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best ever. The most comfortable drive. The "Best Buy"

Honda Van Review 2004
By G Scott Graham on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed the vehicle so far with the following exceptions. Inoperative windshield washer ( warranty ), rattle under dashboard that the dealer has been unable to fix, non standard operating noise from right auto sliding door, terrible lease terms - 5K down, 356 / mo., 48 mos, 15K mi. / year

Best Minivan/ Best Auto Maker
By Back2themoon on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove a 2003 Windstar, 2004 Freestar, and a 2003 Sedona. I used my father-in- law's 99 T/C Limited and 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan (falling apart)as baselines for the Chrysler products. These guys are not in the same LEAGUE as Honda. We so happy we made this purchase. I don't know where to start: design, quality, structural integrity, handling, drivetrain (3.5L/240hp)...Buy the Best (Safest/Quality/Design/Engineering/ Resale) for your family, Honda! Chrysler may sell more minivans than Honda, true, but that is due to the rental fleet sales and production volume. Why do you think Chrysler introduced an "EX" model??? Still playing catch up...