Used 2004 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Electronically Junkie!
By jacksonmom3

2004 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my van new. We replaced the engine mounts not too long after the warranty expired. The rear windows electronics shortly died thereafter. We paid to get it painted hoping to stretch a couple more years out of it (it only had 95K miles on it at this point). Then our transmission went out! Another $4500 down the tube. So, we are trying to recoup some money by hanging on to it, but recently (133K miles now) our rear doors have started going out, and I hear a clunking noise occassionally. Looking at the Murano or possibly CRV--almost scared to buy another Honda though!

Comfortable seats, ease of using DVD

Transmission, rear door electronics, engine mounts and rear window electronics.

Transmission --> Honda odyssey = Junk
By beaver8

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are Honda family with a Accord and a Odyssey. I have only but heart burn with Odyssey With only 80K miles on it - I was told my transmission is junk and I have to shell out $5k more to get it fixed. This is the last straw. I had to replace the door system, ac and you name it. Per my San Jose Honda dealer, this is extremely common in Honda odyssey - i.e transmission and other issues. The dealer replaces an average of 5 transmissions a week for Odysseys between 1999-2007. So for those Odyssey owners - watch for any sluggishness in the performance. I am not coming to Honda again.

Mixed feelings
By horstradamus

2004 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it used in 2007. Steering wheel controls have started randomly switching themselves, radio went a few months ago, three separate parts of the AC system have also gone, rear wiper stopped working, passenger sliding door auto lock stopped working. Other than that, there have been no problems with the transmission or engine.

Power, handling (for a minivan), engine quality. Interior finish quality inside the 2004 is waaaay better than the 2008-2012 which is all cheap poorly fitting hard plastic.

Dampen road noise, fix the electrical problems. Better quality control.

04 Honda Odyessy
By jason04

2004 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2004 Hoda Odyessy that I bought from Gilman Honda brand new. I had multiple electical issues, too many to even list, they misdiagnosed multiple issues, charged me $800 to replace my starter but the last straw was when the transmission went out not once, but twice. They replaced it the first time under the extended warranty at 45,000 miles, then it went out again 4 years later with 99000 miles. I explained that I thought Honda was a repiltable company that would stand behind there product...I sure was mistaken.

None

Will never buy another Honda in my life
By biyanka

2004 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have bought this Van and another Toyota auto in the same year, both brand new. I have never been happy with the Van and I had heart burn every time I used that Van. I have rarely used it to reduce my anger and hate towards my Van, and now after more than 6years it has only 25K miles. The rear vent stopped working for years. It makes more noise than a dump trunk, and you feel like you are driving a piece of junk. I will never buy another Honda, and I always advice people not to buy Honda even in their dreams. I will not won one even if I am offered a Honda for free. I do not want constant heart burn.

None

Honda should talk to any other automaker, does not matter who it is, in the world to find out how to make an automobile. Every thing about this 2004 honda vechile is done wrong.