2004 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
what honda won't tell you
By phidknee on 01/30/14 07:34 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

tranny, radio, engine mounts , sliding doors , rear vent windows , battery cables are the cause of many problems with this van in my opinion ,change at least the positive side . Now the big problem the tranny in 2004 mid year (April I believe) is when you have a chance to have your tranny last . 1 do a total drain on tranny fluid ( you tube ) while running van . 2 change tranny filter , yes you need to look up on Honda parts drawings , there is a filter ! 3 you need to install a tranny cooler a second tranny inline filter( magna filter ) all the rest you can also find on you tube . You must have some knowledge about car repairs .Also do all your yearly maintenance on time ( timing belt

Excellent Car
By Dave on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We just traded this 2004 EX-L in on a 2010 EX-L if that tells you anything of how we liked the car. In the more than 6 years that we owned it this was an extremely reliable vehicle. Only maintenance was due to normal wear and tear and scheduled items. An excellent buy.

More Fun than Expected
By artistrs on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Wonderful design for the interior allows the driver to decide everything or let it all be automatic. Comfortable, too - like driving around in your favorite easy chair. So much passenger room means many on-the-road parties. All my passengers comment, unsolicited, on comfort, fun and feeling of being safe. I do wish it were more economical on the gas mileage.

overall
By cornman on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

handles fine, gas milage 23 mpg with only 900 miles on van. has a slight hum or noise when in 5th gear and just lightly on throttle at 1500 rpm. also sounds like a rattle in under carriage on rough roads, other wise no complaints

Feel a Part of Class
By LevinLu on 09/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Honda Odyssey. It is classy, it suits my expanding family...I am a grandmother. My grandkids love to ride with Granma. I feel safe...the Honda Company is keeping all the maintainance current. I raised my own kids in a Volkswagon Bug...quite a difference!! I am a Granma with class!It is also easier for my 93 year old mother to get in and out. The SUV is too high for her to climb into.

A Fine Touring Van
By fibblefester on 08/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Top notch, though some ergonomic weaknesses.

This Van is Awesome
By D.W. on 08/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I love the feel of the Odyssey. It has so much room but it feels like your driving an accord. We looked at the Toyota Sienna, and it did have some good points, but for the price and the options you get, the Odyssey won hands down. My 5 year old loves it too!

my odessey
By Lindsey111 on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van is exceptional and I love the transition from my accord to the odessey van.

HONDA VS TOYOTA
By MIKE E on 07/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I DROVE BOTH MINIVAN AND FOUND OUT THAT THE HONDA DROVE BETTER. I ALSO LIKED THAT IT USED REGULAR GAS

Colors, please
By JMock on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great van - it has been a comfortable addition to our 2 child family. Solid and reliable.