Used 2004 Honda Odyssey LX Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Long live the Janvan
By Janet

2004 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my 2004 Honda Odyssey! I bought her in 2006 used and have only had to replace ignition switch and door lock assembly ($500 total). This van runs my 3 kids around town through rain, sleet, snow and sunshine and still runs like brand new with 121K miles on it. I will buy another when this one wears out, which my mechanic says won't happen for at least another 100k. It was well worth every penny we paid for it-has outlasted all of my others friends "knock off" (Nissan, dodge, Kia, Hyundai) minivans. It hardly has any rust either, especially great since we live in NY. Love, love, love my Honda!!!!!!

Great Van
By Bibi

2004 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Absolutely love this van. Bought it with 15Ok Miles and it working good as ever. Only problem is that the V6 takes a lot of gas. The front seats are really great. Have a lot of leg space. The trunk has a lot of space. Great Family Van.

Ditto of the Majority
By awcheney

2004 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought car brand new! I'm just agreeing with what most are saying here. Any time I went in for a state inspection, was told I needed to replace a motor mount or two after 60,000 miles or so. Don't do jackrabbit starts. Transmission went at around 120,000 miles, $4,000 to replace at a Honda dealership; Drivers side passenger door, no longer auto-locks; rear vent windows haven't worked in years; several center dash lights went out; then a year after the transmission was replaced by the dealership, told the bolts were missing from the transmission???? I've owned two Hondas before this, an 88 Accord LX, Standard, (240K with really no problems and a 2001 Accord LX, with 35K traded on minivan.

It's a great people carrier! That's its purpose! Though some complained about the rough ride, I liked it! Gave me enough road feel to give me confidence. Agree the road noise was a little excessive on the highway.

You need to back up your name! The transmission reliability stinks! And you know it! Do something about it! Also the motor mounts fail! Do something about it!

Tranmission Failure
By brenyahoo

2004 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I can't help but return to this site to provide our feedback.
We had our 2004 Honday Odyssey transmission fail around 90K miles and after 50K miles the rebuild is now starting to fail again.
We were stupid and didn't look back at reviews at the time - we should have because we of course now know this was a known problem. So nice to know a Honda dealership salesperson would sell you a vehicle they knew had problems.
It's not a terrible vehicle but having the transmission problems is unacceptable. We don't buy another honda regardless.

Build a car with reliable transmissions.

Will never buy another Honda in my life
By biyanka

2004 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have bought this Van and another Toyota auto in the same year, both brand new. I have never been happy with the Van and I had heart burn every time I used that Van. I have rarely used it to reduce my anger and hate towards my Van, and now after more than 6years it has only 25K miles.

The rear vent stopped working for years. It makes more noise than a dump trunk, and you feel like you are driving a piece of junk. I will never buy another Honda, and I always advice people not to buy Honda even in their dreams. I will not won one even if I am offered a Honda for free. I do not want constant heart burn.

None

Honda should talk to any other automaker, does not matter who it is, in the world to find out how to make an automobile. Every thing about this 2004 honda vechile is done wrong.