2004 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Tranmission Failure
By brenyahoo on 09/11/13 07:16 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I can't help but return to this site to provide our feedback. We had our 2004 Honday Odyssey transmission fail around 90K miles and after 50K miles the rebuild is now starting to fail again. We were stupid and didn't look back at reviews at the time - we should have because we of course now know this was a known problem. So nice to know a Honda dealership salesperson would sell you a vehicle they knew had problems. It's not a terrible vehicle but having the transmission problems is unacceptable. We don't buy another honda regardless.

Will never buy another Honda in my life
By biyanka on 04/11/11 15:30 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have bought this Van and another Toyota auto in the same year, both brand new. I have never been happy with the Van and I had heart burn every time I used that Van. I have rarely used it to reduce my anger and hate towards my Van, and now after more than 6years it has only 25K miles. The rear vent stopped working for years. It makes more noise than a dump trunk, and you feel like you are driving a piece of junk. I will never buy another Honda, and I always advice people not to buy Honda even in their dreams. I will not won one even if I am offered a Honda for free. I do not want constant heart burn.

Extremely Disappointed
By disappointed on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our van worked great with no problems until about 76,000 miles. After that it was one thing (some big) after the other. After 10,000 more miles and about $3500, we decided that we had enough. We hoped that this car would last for many years and at least 200,000 miles. It felt like the transmission was going out, similar to other reviews below. After seeing similar vans at the transmission shop, we got rid of it. Since my dad's Accord has over 350,000 miles and our friends and family have similar odysseys, we are extremely disappointed! We would not buy another Odyssey unless we purchased a new one with extended warranties. So much for Honda quality and reliability.

A great vehicle
By Robert on 05/14/10 15:59 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We've owned ours since purchasing it used with just over 7K. It now has just over 44k and we've had no issues with it. I had the 40K maintenance done and that included new transmission fluid. You can't expect a transmission to last a long time without changing the fluid! I like the 4 wheel disc brakes and power.

A Space Odyssey
By Family Man on 08/27/09 18:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in my Caravan for the Odyssey because of high Consumer Reports on the Honda. Car has had numerous small problems such as SRS light twice, heater didn't work twice, Stabilizer ends, power doors. Lock the car when you leave or the remote in your pocket will open the power doors. Alarm goes off unprovoked. Won't buy another Odyssey but will consider the Caravan again.

Good van for the price
By dcordell on 03/27/09 20:54 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got a good deal on a 04 Odyssey LX with 55,000 miles on it so I chose it over the more expensive Sienna. In the three months I've owned it I have been impressed with the power, roominess, handling, and reliability. This van will keep up with the traffic with no strain, even in the mountains of NC. Handling is good and it really sticks to the road but the ride on mine is not smooth. You can use the van to do some pretty hefty hauling with the 3rd row seat in the floor and and the 2nd row moved out. With the seats up it seats 7 fairly comfortably. The little lug wrench that comes with the van wouldn't budge the lugs when I had a flat. Overall I have been pleased with the van.

As expected
By Kevin on 07/13/08 21:17 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a horse. No problems to speak of. Battery might need replacing by winter. Rides smooth and quiet and has plenty of power. Tons of room and everything is laid out properly. Excellent ergonomics from front to back. Too bad no LX RES package offered anymore.

Excellent van
By Mili on 03/20/08 18:20 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this van in March of 2004 and had driven from Central Texas to Seattle, WA four times and twice to Orlando, Fl during that time. The minivan just had its 82,500 mile checkup. The only thing I had to replace was the break pads. Strong while climbing/driving through steep mountains at level of 10K to 12K feet high. Great fuel economy for its size and weight. In interstate can give up to 31 mpg (Wyoming & Utah), 20 mpg in the city and 20-25 mpg when you mix interstate & city traffic. I will definitely buy another Odyssey whenever is time for an upgrade. Previous minivan was a nightmare (Chrysler Voyager).

Mother of three boys
By lawrence dorsey on 07/26/07 08:33 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It's big enough for me to drive my three boys around yet I don't feel like I'm driving a van. I am able to drive it like a car.

Honda Odyssey
By wamlam on 08/20/06 07:57 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoy driving this van, it is easy to handle and I DO NOT worry about my young children opening the door while we are riding down the road. The ride is smooth and bumps are unheard of in this van.

1 2 3 4 5 next »