Disappointed Honda Owner
By nohondamom on
2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Purchased a 2003 Honda Odyssey in Fall 2002. I started having trouble with it after 100,000 miles. All maintenance were kept up. Transmission was the major problem. I had to replace it twice within 1 month (had to pay about $1500, while Honda covered the rest). Then a year later I was told the transmission was leaking. Shift Solenoids A and B Gaskets had to be replaced, luckily it was still under warranty. Now Jan 2011, I found out my transmission has a leak again with other major issues. I'm told the cost of repair is not worth it. The car is almost 180,000mile. Extremely disappointed that it could not make it to 200,000miles.Told it should last well over 200,000.Will not buy Honda again!
Suggested Improvements
Fix your transmissions. I would have purchased a new Honda if I had received a transmission that worked the first time. Also, rollers on doors wear quickly. Need to improve service for Odysseys over 100,000 miles...these are the family car buyers who will determine whether or not they will buy a Honda again. Nowadays, families drive more frequently going to activities, thus, driving longer distances, so a family car should be able to handle that, especially with the high cost of purchasing a Honda Odyssey.
By makhis_mom
on 02/10/11 14:49 PM (PST)

Boy can I understand where you are coming from. I purchased my 2003 Odyssey EXL-RES at 80k. At 92.5k after extended warranty ended at 92k my tranny started slipping. I took it to a Honda dealer thinking they would assist me with repair cost after hearing everyone else give their stories about how they were assisted. It was a no go. I ended up giving Honda $4,500 for a new tranny 6 months after buying the car. I was so upset because that was darn near half of what I paid for it. I should have sold it but they said they at the corporate office that there was probably some hope in getting assistance. Didn't work out. I was so screwed. So hurt because I really wanted this car.