Why all the negative comments?
By happyhondaowner on
2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
The 2003 Odyssey EX-L we purchased new about 8 years ago has been a very good, reliable and enjoyable car. I read on the post about all transmission and door problems, etc. but we have not experienced those problems. We drive about 12k miles/year. I'm not saying we're lucky... I think we take care of our car with maintenance, with not driving it hard, etc. This was our first Honda and we don't have anything bad to say about it. It's plenty spacious for the family and all the trips and things we take with us. My 2 cents. it's a great car , but if you get a lemon, you'll have a sour taste in your mouth - (we must have got the cherry)!
Favorite Features
Lots of them
Suggested Improvements
No improvements that I can think of
By therealmrx
on 03/15/11 17:09 PM (PDT)

You may have gotten a cherry but it sounds like you don't drive much. My 2002 ford mini van has gone 230000 miles as a delivery vehicle with no transmission failures. Im looking to purchase a 2003 Odyssey atm, and it appears they don't handle mileage over 100000 miles very well. I am going to ask for a service record of this van, and if there is documentation showing the trans has been serviced every 30000 miles I might consider making the purchase. Great review, just saying 96000 miles is not a landmark!