knock on wood- no problems here.
By mom2edna on
2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I bought this van new in '03. It now has 85k miles. After reading about the transmission problems that others are having I feel pretty lucky. i haven't had any big issues with mine. Just this past week the passenger power window motor broke $200 repair. The sliding doors act up sometimes, but it usually happens when children & adults are pushing the auto open buttons and door handles/locks at the same time. The only other issue I've had is the radio controls on the steering wheel. I can't lower the volume-when I hit the button the radio gets louder. I also don't like the seek/scan that they have on the wheel. It only scrolls thru your pre-set stations rather than all the stations.
Favorite Features
power doors on both sides controlled on keychain. heated seats. 3rd row seat flips over for tailgate seating. instruments are laid out well. rear heat and a/c controlled up front or in the back. 2nd row captain chairs.
Suggested Improvements
cupholders that kids in carseats can reach-the middle row cup holders are in bad spot. power 3rd row- seat is HEAVY, especially if its down in floor and you are a short person. Move front pwr outlet up, my long cord on my gps digs in the carpet. . larger sunglasses holder-none of mine fit.