2003 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
The WORST Minivan
By odysseysucks on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Honda Odyssey is THE WORST minivan! Definitely! After paying almost 3000 over sticker, I hoped to be satisfied. But no! On the drive from the dealer, when the van had less than 100 miles on it, the CHECK ENGINE light came on, and I went straight to the dealer; guess what, TRANSMISSION! At 100 miles! At another 2000 miles, the climate control completely broke, and it was freezing! Many other small problems not worth mentioning. Is this what Japanese cars are like? I previously owned a Dodge Grand Caravan, and should have stuck to it. NO mechanical problems. Do not buy, do not buy, do not buy. Edmunds, please stop recommending it.

Great Minivan
By Mommmmmy on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this minivan. We were looking into the Ford Windstar as well. Both have great features, but the Odyssey has some extras and great resale value. If listing pros and cons, the Odyssey definitely wins.

2003 Honda Odyssey
By schuess on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The van handles nicely with plenty of power. The exterior is nice. The interior design is the selling feature. It is spacious throughout the vehicle. The rear seat will fold down into the floor making a level surface in the back for cargo, or you can take the back seat and flip it backwards for a tailgate party! The captains chairs in the second row are comfortable and can slide together to make a bench seat. The safety features include dual front and side airbags and reinforced door panels for the second row.

Honda van was worth the wait
By Binkman on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great van - a typical Honda. Well thought out, well designed, will be reliable , lots of standard features no dealer gouging on all those 'packages'. This is a powerful, comfortable, functional and yes, fun to drive vehicle . There is tons of space and with the movable 2nd row and folding 3rd row additional space is easy to get to. Thought we would never buy a van (after driving other manufacturers offerings and the stigma) - I can't believe we waiting this long (turns out we just weren't trying the right one). The 4 month wait was worth it, will buy another in a heartbeat.

Honda van was worth the wait
By on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Good Minivan...but need more improvement
By pdoalamo on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2003 Ody EX-L. It was great to drive it with more horse power and big interior room. Reverse sensor is useless and dealer included into the MSRP. The sound is really annoying my children when dring backward. I have been driving a car for 10 years without reversed sensor and it is OK to me.

Got to love the Odyssey
By michael williams on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

You can't find one thing wrong with this van. I would have payed 40,000 for this van. I think that this is the best thing since sliced bread.

Great Car!!
By cc on 09/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I never thought I'd be excited and happy about a mini van but I'm both!! I love the 'magic seat'; it makes it great when your out and you need the space! Honda is not known for having many 'bells and whistles' but it does have the reputation for reliablity and that's what is important in a mini van!

Great Car!!
By CC on 09/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

I Love The Odyssey
By skb49 on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2001 and traded it for a 2003. The MSRP wasn't that much higher. The 2003 has more horsepower and available leather interior.It is easy to drive and has good pick up. The scheduled maintenance is only every 10,000 miles.