2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
great van
By mhall on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just switched from a 2001 MVP which was had very poor performance from the engine and horrible gas millage. The controls in the Honda have a much more substantial feel. The well controlled solid ride, excellent handling and interior features are second to none.

Solid as a rock
By Keith C. on 11/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this van, the only annoying thing about it is when driving on some back country roads that are rough and gravelry w/potholes the ride gets a just a "little" bone jarring. But I think that is the same for all the other vans out there too.I needed to get around a tractor with 2 cars behind it on a 2-way single lane and the van just rocketed by. One guy we shot by just dropped his jaw and the movement from his lips said "Damn, a minivan?" I had floored it from 30mph to 65mph in no time. Cut hard right back in front of the tractor due to oncoming cars in the opposite lane with little body roll.

We just love it.
By fr488 on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I like the way this vehicle handles.The ride has been excellent. The room inside excellent.With the rear seat down it has more room than any of the five SUV we had in the past.

I bought ANOTHER Odyssey
By DFrench757 on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I originally bought a new 2000 Odyssey after being extremely frustrated with the bad reliability of domestic minivans. Not only is the Honda van bigger more reliable, and more powerful than the others, but it is extremely competitively priced for the features it has.I traded in my 2000 Odyssey for a 2003, and in 75000 miles, I never had to do anything but change the oil and put on a new set of tires. If all of the Hondas are this way, I will never buy anything else.

Honda Odyssey
By K in Canada on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our Odyssey new in June and in regular summer driving it has reasonable acceleration and handling. Great cargo capacity. We haven’t had any problems with the vehicle and can find no fault with the design except for the dashboard heater control placement and the poor seats.

Great Minivan....but, needs better MPG
By sdb on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I surpised my wife with the EX-L w/ DVD for our 6th anniversary. She loves it. It's fun to drive, great acceleration, roomy, fits in my garage, and the kids are SILENT when the DVD is playing in the back. We love it! One suggestion...the city mpg is horrible. I wouldn't think she'd have to fill the tank once a week, but she does.

Best vehicle I ever owned
By mgmahaley on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I just purchased this wonderful vehicle in anticipation of our new child. We currently have a 3 year old. We had to look around for someone who would negotiate with us and we found one ($2000 less than MSRP, with mud guards). We almost gave up and purchased a Toyota Sienna. Since I purchased this vehicle, I find myself wanting to drive longer distances.

Typical Honda
By Hurricane on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Everything works well. All controls are in the right place. You do not even have to read the owner's manual except to find the spare tire.

The Odyssey is Great
By lantana on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This Odyssey is the best built vehicle we've ever had. It's better put together than our Camry or Corolla (and they were both excellent), and lightyears ahead of any American vehicle we've owned.

2002 Space Odyssey
By David and Amanda on 10/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

As far as a Mini Van is concerned, this is the best. After all, it is a Honda. Need I say more?