Used 2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Most Helpful|
Heaven sent
By Colita

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the Honda Odyssey. It drives like a dream. It's very quiet and has a lot of pick up and go power. The children have lots of room to spread out.The high quality leather makes for a very comfortable ride. In the winter time seat warmers! The one thing I dislike the most is the back door is hard to close. I wish it had a power door, just push a button and your there.

Favorite Features

The seats are very comfortable. It has a very high quality leather. The horse power and saftey features.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see the odyssey have power back door, rolling locks, night time mirrors, auto lights, backing senors. three zone climate control.

Odyssey EX-L DVD review
By jsabowabo

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We've owned our Odyssey for about six months. This thing is fast and smooth. My wife loves it having come off a 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It is very comfortable, handles very well, rides well and is generally a lot of fun to drive. Since we've owned it we have had a couple of problems. The brake safety switch went out, locking the vehicle in park, and I've had to replace all of the rotors. We've been averaging about 18.5 MGP in combined city/freeway driving, with a bias towards city. Overall we love the van, you just can't beat the versatility of these things and still have something fun to drive.

Favorite Features

VTEC 3.5L engine, 5 speed auto, DVD for the kid, leather seats that clean easily, storage space, handling.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy isn't the best, well below EPA average(not a big surprise).

Motor mount change not true
By jake

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Van is very reliable and useful whether you're hauling people or building materials. MPG is very poor though maybe needs a new tire. I read about motor mount issue on odyssey. I experienced the same thing when I brought to dealer for maintenance. The associate told me, I need to replace motor mount. I said no because it was expensive then brought van to a mechanic, turns out my motor mount is okay.

Favorite Features

lowered trunk is very handy

Suggested Improvements

MPG needs improvement. Motor on the back window needs to be more durable.

More and More Disappointing
By Steverino

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

With a growing family, my wife and I bought a new Odyssey in 2003 and had to replace the transmission within a year (on recall). It's now at almost 190,000 miles and the 2nd tranny is shot. What makes this so disappointing is that we have taken very good care of the minivan, following Honda's maintenance schedule to the "T" with the dealer's service department --- "regular maintenance" for this vehicle has been to the tune of $1000 to $2000 PER YEAR. I've never heard of regular maintenance being so expensive for any other car. This minivan has proved over 6 years to be a very poor value --- we now wish that we had paid a little extra up front and bought the Toyota Sienna instead!

Favorite Features

Spacious room for cargo, with fold-down backseat and removable 2nd row seats.

Suggested Improvements

Replace the bum transmissions, already! A/C controls and responsiveness mediocre; so is mileage. Also, very noisy interior cabin when on the road.

Wow
By Gerard

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The market of minivans is saturated to the point of overflow. If you're in the market, do your share of shopping around. The Kia Sedona is a great van for the price but unfortunately, price isn't my main consideration. Look at every minivan out there...test drive the Odyssey last and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Favorite Features

Power, power, power! Go when you need it, stopping power when you need it too! Great design that will stay fresh for years.

Suggested Improvements

Build more, price a little less, and make DVD Nav standard.