2003 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Dodge/Chrysler is certainly better
By Jay_dee_ess on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I personally didn't like this vehicle one bit. My wife liked it when we bought it but it has proven to be the worst vehicle that we have bought. We paid a fair bit of money for it, and DESPITE what edmunds says, it LACKS FEATURES. The Sound system (although we got the highest available) is among the worst I have ever seen in a car. The stock sound system in a Caravan is better, let alone the available Infinity system in Caravans. The transmission has gone twice on this vehicle. Both sliding doors have broken, and they are slow beyond belief. There is no easy way for a passenger to bypass the power feature. Look into a Dodge or Chrysler instead.

SOSO VAN
By Nokkie on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Its just a Honda thats it. Sliding door, transmission problems are some of the flaws.

Odyssey 2003: Value & Honda Reliability
By JBSOD on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our second Odyssey (our first was a 2000 LX) and we love it! We opted to sell our 2000 because we wanted the improved safety of the side airbags as well as some of the other features of the EX (power doors, remote entry, etc.). The 2003 has more pep and rides a bit more smoothly on rough road. More luxury car feel and handling...and all for $25,000! My wife drives 40 mi/day with three kids to work and babysitters...safety counts and this vehicle has it (5 stars in all categories).

The first 1000 miles
By RSH on 12/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have not driven enough miles to make an in-depth review of this vehicle. But have notice a few glaring errors that Honda passed over. There are no automatice locks for the doors, this van has no driving lights, and has no fog lamps. All of the items just listed are safety issues and is an embarrassment for the likes of Honda. My 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix has these standard features and all for over $12,000.00 less. Honda needs to re- think their standard features, certainly on a $30,000.00 vehicle.

Happy New Owner
By disport on 12/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What can I say? Everything works as expected. Very comfortable ride. Very smooth engine/transmission, and it's peppy. Solid construction with no squeaks.

No surprises
By no_more_seattle_rain on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased the EX-L with Rear Entertainment System. What a wonderful automobile, inside and out. It really lives up to the Honda reputation. We only have about 6000 miles on it, so the reliability is to be seen. Finally a minivan with plenty of power to carry a full load of people. We can't wait to take the kids to Disney World in it, the DVD player will be a life saver on the long trip.

Got problems with the power door
By Pac on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the 2003 EX in late November. Within the first couple of weeks, we noticed the passenger side power door has been acting strange. Sometimes the door would close by itself, sometimes it would stop in the middle during closing, sometimes it would not close at all. The scariest moment was that the door started to close by itself when my wife was in the process of loading our infant son on his car seat. She literally had to jump out of the way and almost dropped our son. She got freaked out and refused to put the baby in the van. She feels safer by driving her trustly 94 Camry. I think the vehicle has been grossly overrated.

Odyssey is AWESOME
By Casey789 on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the Odyessey EX because we have one child, one on the way and two dogs; we needed more room than our SUV afforded. We have not been let down. This van is spacious, comfortable, rides smoothly and is quiet. The dual remote sliding doors make getting in and out a breeze. The cargo area is huge. The disappearing 3rd row seat is a snap to use. It's easy to see why these minivans are in such high demand.

Pretty Darn Good Overall
By Honda 1st timer on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Owner for 6 mos, 9,000 miles. Love the smooth power, quickness, stable handling and relative (to our Windstar) quietness. Fold-down seat is very handy. Driver's seat uncomfortable. Sound system is substandard. Sliding door is always a problem - sticks so I have to get out and yank so kids can get in. In fact, would not open when we picked up at the dealer. Also grime on the interior and ripped fabric at delivery - none of which was rectified by dealer. However, if I get the mechanical reliability experience and longevity that I hear so much about, I will be very happy regardless.

Great car, but not perfect
By great car on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great van. Awesome engine! However, slightly disappointed with fit and finish- loose plastic panel in the passenger door. Also, it rattles at highway speed- Come on Honda! I expect better QC for a 28K van!!