Used 2003 Honda Odyssey LX Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

garbage
By moparman90

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

we have had this thing for 6 months we bought with 120,000 miles... 3 days later the transmission blew out on me... then here we are 8,000 miles later and the transmission is shot again WTF... the heated seats dont work half the time it has no EVIC and thats just stupid for a 2003... it is just AWFUL in the snow with good tires... the clock on the dash doesnt light up another stupid thing... the battery went i had to take the thing in just to get the factory radio set... i have a 2000 jeep grand cherokee with 225,000 miles never had ANY mojor problems i will try to convince her to sell this crap box and get a jeep... my jeep in 2wd is better than this thing with front wheel drive DONT BUY

An Excellant family vehicle
By rporterincincy

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really like my 2003 Honda Odyssey. It now has 143,000 miles and runs like it's brand new. Very smooth, powerful and dependable. Like any other car it does have some quirks. My Odyssey goes through tires every 35,000 miles (wears evenly, and I rotate them every 3000-6000 miles), and goes through front brakes every 40,000 miles (evenly worn brakes). I just installed top of the line ceramic brakes to see if this would improve the ride. My car has no rust (wax every 3-4 months), no wear on the interior, and I change the oil every 3,000 miles. My dealer is great and I like working with them. The car is very versatile and we enjoy going on trips with it. No major issues yet.

Favorite Features

Dash easy to use (speedo, tach, radio, etc) while driving. Clear easy to use buttons.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger brake pads & calipers

Not the quality of Toyota
By dharrin

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car in late '06, have put 85k miles since. Every year the repairs total approximately 1000.(in addition to regular maintenance). I found out this car has a coil for each cylinder. Brakes are noisy. Piddly electrical problems also. So far, the trans hasn't died, but is slipping a little. It doesn't hold an alignment very long. The ride is very comfortable and fits all five kids and their stuff. The ride is good, seats are comfy even on 1600 mile round trips to relatives. It is pretty good in No. New England snow. Avg 27 mpg on highway trips/17 in town. I doubt it will make it another year.

Favorite Features

lots of room, carries kids and their stuff. ride is nice. engine has moderate power. gauges/dials easy to read. seats are good, even on long rides. I like the 3rd seat - folds into floor. heater works well.

Suggested Improvements

windows on sliding doors could open. I wish I could say this was built to last.

Honda LX
By Rusty

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased vehicle with $19K, 2nd owner. Replaced transmission right away. Overall vehicle has been pretty good. Can't believe though it did not have CD player. Strangest thing happened all my locks gummed up on me. Had to replace the locks on the van and not cheap to do that over $500 dollars. Rear wiper motor went at $100K mi. Body has help up great. Can be a little uncomfortable in the drivers seat if you have the manual seats and not the power seats.

Favorite Features

body integrity, folding rear seats, was the first of that generation

Suggested Improvements

CD player

Odyssey should have been more
By Cookie

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It all began with broken motor mounts at 90,000. Never heard of this. Transmission failed at 127,000 miles several months ago. Honda recommended a $4000 replacement of sealed transmission. Found someone who did the work for a lot less. It runs fine now. I was hoping to get 200,000 miles but I have my doubts that this car will last another 3 years. Seats are very uncomfortable for long drives. I always thought Hondas were the best but I have my doubts about them now.

Favorite Features

Drives well. Very tight turning radius. Very zippy and responsive for a minivan.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the transmission problems.