2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
garbage
By moparman90 on 01/01/14 21:55 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

we have had this thing for 6 months we bought with 120,000 miles... 3 days later the transmission blew out on me... then here we are 8,000 miles later and the transmission is shot again WTF... the heated seats dont work half the time it has no EVIC and thats just stupid for a 2003... it is just AWFUL in the snow with good tires... the clock on the dash doesnt light up another stupid thing... the battery went i had to take the thing in just to get the factory radio set... i have a 2000 jeep grand cherokee with 225,000 miles never had ANY mojor problems i will try to convince her to sell this crap box and get a jeep... my jeep in 2wd is better than this thing with front wheel drive DONT BUY

An Excellant family vehicle
By rporterincincy on 08/26/13 12:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really like my 2003 Honda Odyssey. It now has 143,000 miles and runs like it's brand new. Very smooth, powerful and dependable. Like any other car it does have some quirks. My Odyssey goes through tires every 35,000 miles (wears evenly, and I rotate them every 3000-6000 miles), and goes through front brakes every 40,000 miles (evenly worn brakes). I just installed top of the line ceramic brakes to see if this would improve the ride. My car has no rust (wax every 3-4 months), no wear on the interior, and I change the oil every 3,000 miles. My dealer is great and I like working with them. The car is very versatile and we enjoy going on trips with it. No major issues yet.

Not the quality of Toyota
By dharrin on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car in late '06, have put 85k miles since. Every year the repairs total approximately 1000.(in addition to regular maintenance). I found out this car has a coil for each cylinder. Brakes are noisy. Piddly electrical problems also. So far, the trans hasn't died, but is slipping a little. It doesn't hold an alignment very long. The ride is very comfortable and fits all five kids and their stuff. The ride is good, seats are comfy even on 1600 mile round trips to relatives. It is pretty good in No. New England snow. Avg 27 mpg on highway trips/17 in town. I doubt it will make it another year.

Honda LX
By Rusty on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased vehicle with $19K, 2nd owner. Replaced transmission right away. Overall vehicle has been pretty good. Can't believe though it did not have CD player. Strangest thing happened all my locks gummed up on me. Had to replace the locks on the van and not cheap to do that over $500 dollars. Rear wiper motor went at $100K mi. Body has help up great. Can be a little uncomfortable in the drivers seat if you have the manual seats and not the power seats.

Odyssey should have been more
By Cookie on 01/19/10 13:17 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It all began with broken motor mounts at 90,000. Never heard of this. Transmission failed at 127,000 miles several months ago. Honda recommended a $4000 replacement of sealed transmission. Found someone who did the work for a lot less. It runs fine now. I was hoping to get 200,000 miles but I have my doubts that this car will last another 3 years. Seats are very uncomfortable for long drives. I always thought Hondas were the best but I have my doubts about them now.

Motor mount change not true
By jake on 10/06/09 20:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Van is very reliable and useful whether you're hauling people or building materials. MPG is very poor though maybe needs a new tire. I read about motor mount issue on odyssey. I experienced the same thing when I brought to dealer for maintenance. The associate told me, I need to replace motor mount. I said no because it was expensive then brought van to a mechanic, turns out my motor mount is okay.

Bad Transmission
By Another Honda??? on 10/03/09 18:24 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This model year has several major limitations that you will consistently read about online. The transmission had a recall early after purchase and recently finally bit the dust completely. It's always had trouble changing gears, slipping and revving. All of the electric windows have broken and are outrageously expensive to repair. The engine block mounts have been repaired...also incredibly expensive and the brakes are in continuous need of replacement. Each maintenance appointment brings new issues.

Happy with Honda
By vanman on 06/01/09 18:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Needed to respond based on the reviews of some grouchy drivers not happy with their Odysseys. Have had my Odyssey since new. Very little trouble (125k mi). Good power when needed, but decent gas mileage (18-20) for a people mover. With 4 growing boys, have thought about moving up to a Yukon XL. Nothing against the GMC but there are a ton of used ones for sale. Not many used Odysseys. People are happy with them and keep them.

Don't buy this car
By bighurt on 05/03/09 16:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Man what a mistake. Had the chance to purchase a Chrysler for $3,000 less. Decided to go with the Honda because they are much more reliable. Man was that a mistake. New transmission new brakes new front end and all the scheduled mait. Car has been to the shop and all the costs have been outrageous. Car has never been in an accident. I am now the poster child for not buying a HONDA!

Transmission Problems.....
By Kelly A. on 04/06/09 17:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I think that I have always had a problem with this cars transmission, but it is completely gone at 116,000 miles. New tranny ect. $6600.00!!!!! I thought I would have this car forever, but now I will probably buy a Mazda or a Toyota).

1 2 3 4 5 next »