2002 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Domestics don't match it!
By Garth on 09/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Odyssey since Jan. 04 and haven't had any trouble at all. One recall instead of 9 for a domestic. Smooth on the Highway and great gas milage. Could use some quieter tires, hard compound rubber Michelins last a long time, and the leather seats aren't that comforatable

Love My Odyssey
By juds on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Honda. It drives beautifully and handles well. I had two Plymouth Voyagers previously and drove one for 10 years. The Odyssey suspension is tighter that the Voyager and I had to get used the tha. It sure does handle well on the curves. I did have small problems with the interior such as plastic parts falling off which of course were fixed free. Also had a problem with the sliding door lock on the drivers side but other than that it has done well. Did have a recall recently to check the transmission which REALLY surprised me since that was one BIG reason why I chose Honda over the Dodge. Mine had nothing wrong with it though.

Honda equals poor quality & reliability
By Disgusted in Seattle on 05/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After putting up with various electrical anomalies, excessive road noise, and other issues, our Odyssey experienced sudden and total transmission failure at 37,000 miles. The dealer initially speculated that mice might have been dining on the wiring, not wanting to admit the chronic product defect plaguing these and other models since 1999. It is easy to see why Honda only warranties for 36,000 miles. We just traded it in on a Toyota taking a huge monetary loss in the process. After this experience will never, ever consider another Honda. And we run 6-8 cars typically buying a new one at least every other year.

My Odyssey is a LEMON!
By lemonHonda on 05/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had an oil leak almost from day one. Honda replaced the short block and transmission. New problems occurred with TCS and Engine lights. Chronic hesitation between 40-60 mph. Honda can't fix either of these things. Transmission went out a second time (supposedly they replaced it) when I had a van full of kids. They replaced the computer(due to the TCS and engine lights) and I'm still having problems. I have filed a Lemon lawsuit. The corporate office plays games. Can only drive the car around town because of all of the problems. Don't trust it!!! Now there is a strange odor. This car is probably going to blow up!!!!!!

nice except the whistle
By dloweatl on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best van i have driven. Good power, good room, able to seat 7. However, there is some aerodynamic problem that has yet to be fixed. when driving around 60 mph, and with a strong cross wind, the car whistles (like a soda bottle) constantly. I believe it is coming from the trim around the driver side of the windshield. Annoying isnt the word for it.

I Love this mini-van!
By Odyssey, FL on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Compare the Odyssey to the latest mini- vans in the market and it is still the most beautiful and most reliable. I would get another one when I could.

Bought into all the hype, big mistake
By Too Tall at 6 even on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bad luck from day one. Leaked oil all over the garage floor. SInce then put new tranny in at 30K, multiple problems with drivers seat and sliding doors. Rattles throughout the interior. Rear liftgate is fine if you are under 5 ft 10. I am six feet and have the bumps on my head to proove it. Honda service is horrible. Should have bought the Toyota Sienna as planned but believed all the outstanding reviews on the Honda. Yes, I am a sucker for a sales pitch...

Sell it
By Rick Younkin on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It has issues and Honda Motor Company does not wish to address them.

LOVE this van!
By gottaklu on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have always been a Toyota family...until we bought the Odyssey. It doesn't have some of the little "extras" like outside temp guage, but who cares? I'd rather have a vehicle I can depend on and this is it! I will never have a different kind of minivan.

Disappointed
By Klem on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Body integrity has been poor. Rattles in doors and wind noise at 60-70 mph is excessive. Would not buy another.