Used 2002 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

It's the best van!
By che

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We owned a Dodge and traded it in for the Odyssey. Our Dodge had electrical problems and was a complete nightmare ... we won't get into that! My wife and I wanted a van that we could grow into with our two small boys. I already own a 92 Accord EX L (200k miles and going) so I was familiar with how durable they are. We are thrilled with our new Odyssey EX L with DVD because of its control, power and comfort. Honda really did listen to their customers and produced a great van. Now I can sit back and watch moves with my kids while my wife drives without any worries. Thanks Edmunds.

Favorite Features

Rear trunk space, fold down 3rd row, power, removealbe 2nd row captains chair (forwards, backwards, and side to side), and the DVD player.

Suggested Improvements

More storage space for CDs, DVD, and other nick naks. The other glitch is the stift stick on the automatic hides part of the radio and AC controls. It's a bit awkward but at least of have the steering wheel radio controls! This is really picky stuff considering what you get.

Buy this!
By csgmjones

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great family van. Roomy, lots of ammenities. Hondas are terrific. But where's the side airbags for the rear?

Favorite Features

sliding auto power doors DVD roominess front table

Suggested Improvements

Please provide all-weather carmats for the front and back seats.

Loveda van but...
By Jimbob

2002 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It's a great van. Lots of room...drives like a sedan...visibility is great...an SUV without a nose. However, I have had two small ~ problems. The van pulled to the right. Honda said it was the tires (Bridgestones). Bridgestone said it was the allignment. It said just fix it. Both were cooperative. Bridgeston replaced all the tires, but it still pulls??? Anyone else experience this?

Loveda van but...
By jimbob

2002 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Good Minivan
By avard

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned minivans of differnt makes for many years.The Honda is the best all around minivan I have ever driven.I don't thank the Honda rides or is as quite as the Dodge. The Hondas motor,transmission and the way it drives make up for it. The Odyssey drives like a car.

Favorite Features

The motor and five speed transmission. The third row seat that stows flat.The build quality and the way the Odyssey drives

Suggested Improvements

road noise could be improved and a light under hood. Honda did a great job with the Odyssey. We have not had any trouble.