Used 2002 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Honda Patron Forever !!!!
By balto-man

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very, very nice vehicle! Honda really does make better vehicles than it's big 3 American contenders! I became interrested in Honda vehicles after my friend let me drive his Accord a few times. I was so impressed that I was determined that my next vehicle would be a Honda. And, it just happened that the Odyssey fit my needs very well.

Very easy to drive, plenty of power, low gas mileage, the most practical vehicle I've ever owned! I really like the fact that the Odyssey easily holds a full 4'x8' sheet of plywood flat w/ all doors closed!

It would be nice to have a higher quality stereo system, a full-size spare tire, and perhaps all-wheel- drive. But hey, I'm nit-picking now.

Very happy with new Odyssey
By Odyssey - Ft. Worth

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are very happy with our new Odyssey. Just back from a trip with our almost 2 year old and parents to visit some family. 23 MPG highway, 75 mph, both AC's blowing cold (it is August in Texas you know...). Comfortable for all travelers.

Acceleration, view, feels nimble compared to T&C we have driven.

Fuel economy, center console.

Try the best
By racokid

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have had 7 vans over the years (6kids) and continue to buy them after we retired. Love them for travel. This is our second Honda van, the first was traded after 139,000 miles, because we wanted leather seats. Our old one still going strong at almost 200,000 miles with new owner. We have had all the vans, by big three, our town and country was the best until the Honda.

The new transmission and increased horsepower of the 2002 has made the van even more fun to drive. Also the fact the the Honda is the safest van on the market makes us feel good. Short turning radius is a strong point.

Get the best, forget the rest
By hugoz

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought an '02 EX-LRES, and this is the best vehicle I've ever driven. All things considered, the Ody is pretty darn close to perfect: style, comfort, performance, room, safety and value. Nothing else comes close. I've owned three Honda Accords, and the interior design, fit and finish is very similar, only better. I don't understand any of the criticisms about the "cheap" interior or bad ergonomics. On the contrary, with leather, the interior is luxurious. And with the 8-way power driver's seat with lumbar support, if you can't feel comfortable in this van, then you better look for a custom-made vehicle.

The DVD entertainment system. Lots and lots of other thoughtful features, ranging from the automatic temperature control, wireless headphones, DVD remote control, home link transmitter, and 11-cup holders, control.

None - this van has it all.

Best van around
By Vantastic

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is an excellent van. Great handling and power at all speeds.It is worth the higher price because resale blows the competition away.

Magic seat,acceleration,fuel economy,automatic air,traction control,and many others.

Softer and more supportive seats.outside temperature gauge.