Used 2002 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

ideal minivan
By mjabbar

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is very comfortable, convenient, easy to drive, roomy, and powerful minivan. Kids love this car because they can get in and buckle up themself and have plenty of space for their toys etc.

Remote Control Sliding double doors Roomy Comfortable

Sunroof Less engine noise

2002 Odyssey - Happy the 2nd time
By HappyLs

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After months on shopping for a reasonable price, finally purchased a 2002 Odyssey EX (NEW). On the way home, the engine light came on, returned to the dealer the next day and was told the transmission needed to be replaced. After frustrating discussions with the Dealer, eventually got a refund and refused to purchase from them again. Purchased another Odyssey online from a Dealer over 100 miles away and took delivery within 24 hours of purchase. LOVE this 2nd Odyssey with the EXCEPTION of a LOUD shifting noise it makes when you first start up the engine. Haven't read anyone else with this problem. Currently have a dealer looking into this.

folding 3rd row seat.

Better stereo system, keep up with the supply with demand to eliminate dealer hassles. Better Quality Control before delivery.

Dream machine
By sidekickjack

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Honda quality all around. Pleasand ride, slightly harsh and noisy on rough pavement, probably due to low profile tires, but no more than would be expected, and less exagerated than most vehicles.

Fully automatic A/C. Foldaway rear seat.

Make the key chain automatic door opener, and locks less easily operated by mistakingly pressing buttons.

Honda Patron Forever !!!!
By balto-man

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very, very nice vehicle! Honda really does make better vehicles than it's big 3 American contenders! I became interrested in Honda vehicles after my friend let me drive his Accord a few times. I was so impressed that I was determined that my next vehicle would be a Honda. And, it just happened that the Odyssey fit my needs very well.

Very easy to drive, plenty of power, low gas mileage, the most practical vehicle I've ever owned! I really like the fact that the Odyssey easily holds a full 4'x8' sheet of plywood flat w/ all doors closed!

It would be nice to have a higher quality stereo system, a full-size spare tire, and perhaps all-wheel- drive. But hey, I'm nit-picking now.

Try the best
By racokid

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have had 7 vans over the years (6kids) and continue to buy them after we retired. Love them for travel. This is our second Honda van, the first was traded after 139,000 miles, because we wanted leather seats. Our old one still going strong at almost 200,000 miles with new owner. We have had all the vans, by big three, our town and country was the best until the Honda.

The new transmission and increased horsepower of the 2002 has made the van even more fun to drive. Also the fact the the Honda is the safest van on the market makes us feel good. Short turning radius is a strong point.

• SUV