Used 2002 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Extremely Pleased - '02 EX
By Anthony Jocius

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I understand why Honda rates excellent on its mini-vans. I recently took my brand new '02 EX up to Chicago and its a runner. Gas mileage was about 25mpg. Bountiful amounts of room. Ample room in the engine compartment when compared with other mini-vans.

Suggested Improvements

Some way to manually close the door. Right now you lift the door handle and the doors slide slowly to close. If we could manually close the sliding doors quicker, that would be great. Front wiper de-icer would also be nice.

ideal minivan
By mjabbar

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is very comfortable, convenient, easy to drive, roomy, and powerful minivan. Kids love this car because they can get in and buckle up themself and have plenty of space for their toys etc.

Favorite Features

Remote Control Sliding double doors Roomy Comfortable

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof Less engine noise

2002 Odyssey - Happy the 2nd time
By HappyLs

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After months on shopping for a reasonable price, finally purchased a 2002 Odyssey EX (NEW). On the way home, the engine light came on, returned to the dealer the next day and was told the transmission needed to be replaced. After frustrating discussions with the Dealer, eventually got a refund and refused to purchase from them again. Purchased another Odyssey online from a Dealer over 100 miles away and took delivery within 24 hours of purchase. LOVE this 2nd Odyssey with the EXCEPTION of a LOUD shifting noise it makes when you first start up the engine. Haven't read anyone else with this problem. Currently have a dealer looking into this.

Favorite Features

folding 3rd row seat.

Suggested Improvements

Better stereo system, keep up with the supply with demand to eliminate dealer hassles. Better Quality Control before delivery.

Dream machine
By sidekickjack

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Honda quality all around. Pleasand ride, slightly harsh and noisy on rough pavement, probably due to low profile tires, but no more than would be expected, and less exagerated than most vehicles.

Favorite Features

Fully automatic A/C. Foldaway rear seat.

Suggested Improvements

Make the key chain automatic door opener, and locks less easily operated by mistakingly pressing buttons.

Honda Patron Forever !!!!
By balto-man

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very, very nice vehicle! Honda really does make better vehicles than it's big 3 American contenders! I became interrested in Honda vehicles after my friend let me drive his Accord a few times. I was so impressed that I was determined that my next vehicle would be a Honda. And, it just happened that the Odyssey fit my needs very well.

Favorite Features

Very easy to drive, plenty of power, low gas mileage, the most practical vehicle I've ever owned! I really like the fact that the Odyssey easily holds a full 4'x8' sheet of plywood flat w/ all doors closed!

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice to have a higher quality stereo system, a full-size spare tire, and perhaps all-wheel- drive. But hey, I'm nit-picking now.