2002 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
mini van - maxi pleasure
By drdan on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Not just for the soccer mom but also for the golfing dad. comfort and storage great. Gas mileage in town could be better.All in all a very sweet car!

Best Choice for a Van
By pexpert on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at Sienna as we have owned 4 Toyotas. ODY beats Sienna hands down. More room, easier to operate (my 4 year old can use the power doors) DVD (vs VCR in Sienna) all the same bells and whistles and even a pretty good price. Wife (who LOVES Toyota) says this is a better van. Try it! You will LOVE it!

The Best
By Julio Pretelt on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best mini-van in the American market right now, as 03/23/02. I have no complaint. The third sit is a killer point for sales. I have a two car garage and I don't have space to store a third sit, whith the Honda Odyssey you don't have to take the sit out, you fold it down and disapears.

You get what you pay for
By W on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just want to say that driving this van is like driving a sedan. The handling is superb as well as the ride. The engine is extremely quiet and the cabin is silent as well. I have no peeves about this van except for the 12v adapter in the front. It is near the floor board and a stretch to try and reach for it. But other than that, this van is like no other and well worth the wait and the price. You wil get what you pay for.

Great Minivan - only minor gripes
By DallasKen on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van drives easily, has plenty of power, a cavernous interior, push together 2nd row captains chairs, fold-flat 3rd seat, and feels well put together. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a Chrysler Town and Country Limited, but most of those most people would never really care to use (do you REALLY need a power liftgate?), and the price and resale value is MUCH better. The addition of side airbags, 4 wheel disc brakes, and more horsepower add to the value of this vehicle.

Nate's EXEL
By nate on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our family really loves the ODY. I was impressed with the quality of the entertainment system. If you are considering buying an ODY, get it with the factory system, the front radio controls everything, which you wouldn't get after-market, and it's a reasonable price.

automatic sliding door not working
By c_chang on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2000 EX model. The BIG problem I had was that my rear automatic sliding door didn't work for three different times. They replaced the mechanism on both side, and I still had a problem. Computer on board decide to shut it itself. I am afraid how much I need to pay to fix this again after warranty expires.

Very Good but Get the best.
By Penn State on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After a long debate between getting the LX or the EX. I opted for the LX mainly because of price. So far everything about this Van is great. Exeptional Honda quality as I expected. However when I see one of the kids slamming the manual side doors I find myself wishing I would have spend the extra money for the EX model with the smooth closing power doors. Either way LX or EX compared to the competition you can't beat the Honda Odyssey mini van.

automatic sliding door problem.
By cchang on 03/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2000 Honda Odyssey EX and drove about 18000 miles. Well, I have been to dealer four times already. Once was for the instrument panel lighting recall, and three times for the rear sliding door. THREE TIMES. My rear (both side) sliding door stop working once, and didn't close so it beeped like crazy. They have replaced both door's locking part, but I had exact same problem one more time. I also heard that this was design fault by Honda and they should extend my warranty on this door.

Great Automobile!!!!!!!!1
By Cat on 03/16/02 10:58 AM (PST)

Nice Interior.