Used 2002 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Love my van!
By Cindy Mac

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I went from driving a 1995 Suburban to my new Odyssey, and I couldn't be happier with this van! It's like driving a sports car for moms. My two kids and all their stuff fit great. Even my husband, who is six-foot, two- inches tall, can fit in it comfortably.

The automatic climate control!!!!!

Redesign the tray in the middle. It would be nice if it was a box you could put things in.

not a bad van....
By

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

i was weary of getting a van.. now that i got an oddy.. i love it!! doors are a bit noisy.. do hear the slush from the fuel compartment.. but other than that.. it's great.. ps. where are the last pair of speakers?? i have the EX-L and i only see 4 grills...

the engine...

better stereo and less cabin noise

Buy an Odyssey!
By agammon

2002 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After a great deal of research, we concluded that the Odyssey was simply the best value. To get the quality with any other minivan, one would need to spend an additional $10K. And you still wouldn't have the reliability of a Honda. The interior is plain, but I always found that more buttons mean more things to break. Further proof is how the Odysseys retain their value. At the time of our research, it would cost more to buy a used Odyssey than order a new one. I love my Odyssey and plan to drive it until the wheels fall off!!

We started with the LX and added keyless entry and a CD player. I didn't want any other features available on the EX.

Make keyless entry standard on LX. A little quieter would be nice too.

When will the big 3 learn?
By Clarkey

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

As I turned in my 1999 Windstar to the Ford Dealership I started my lease at, I asked the General Manager "How do the engineers who designed the Windstar look themselves in the mirror every day, knowing that the Odyssey is on the road?" They asked me if I ever considered buying my Windstar off- lease, my answer was "have fun at the wholesale auction!" In truth, had I been able to get my hands on a '99 Odyssey, I never would have taken the Ford. Such is life. My EX-L is quiet, smooth and powerful. At 6'2/200, I have plenty of space in all but the rear seat, which is reserved for 2 kids anyway.

Flat folding rear seat.

Automatic sliding doors could move a little quicker, and have a less annoying alert when engaged improperly.

First Honda
By bwarren

2002 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our first Japanese vehicle. All others have been GM. So far we are pleased with our purchase decision. The versatility of the vehicle has been out standing. The list of positives is very long and mirrors most other post. The negative are a little petty. Takes a little while to get use to the shift lever position and with a full tank of gas, you can hear the fuel and air pocket bang around in the fuel tank. We are looking forward to the resale value in four years.

Space, ride, looks