2002 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
A FULL HOUSE
By jimily on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Car drives like a cloud, no pitch, no roll. The interior is huge and can easily carry the whole team. The Ody is powered by the 3.5 Acura proven engine and gets to 60mph in a heart beat. Take it for a test drive if your lucky enough to find one.

2002 Honda Odyssey EX
By jolli107 on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In short, if you need a minivan, why not drive one that doesn't make everyone think you are a dork. This is our sixth Honda, and we have been disappointed to some extent every time we stray away. This car drives like a sports car compared to the Toyota Sienna we used to drive. The 99-01 Odyssey was the best minivan available in the US/Canada; the 02 adds 35 horsepower, 5-speed aotomatic and disk brakes a

2002 Honda Odyssey
By JRK on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Prior to purchasing my first Honda Odyssey in 2000, I was driving a Ford Crown Victoria c/w with air ride, leather and all the extras. If anyone had suggested to me that the Odyssey would travel down the highway at 70 mph and handle better than the Crown vic, I would have not have believed them. It does and also gets about the same gas mileage. Four of us went for an extended holiday to the East coast. The Van was perfect for carrying all our luggage plus a cooler and lunch basket. We were able to have our coats, sweaters and various food article right at our fingertips. The fold down rear seat was put up when we arrived at a friends place and the six of us were able to sight see together.

Windstar Rules
By Coolperson on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Gave me a ton of problems.

gone!
By former owner on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My power sliders failed me three times, even after mechanisms were replaced by dealer. I do not recommend the EX better stay with the LX. Also...you will need a good set of snow tires if you have to drive in New England, as handling is terrible in snow.

Quality!
By rlfuzz on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased a 2001 EX looking for a trouble free vehicle (never again will we own a Volvo). The brakes are horrible, rotors were turned at 7500 miles after complaining about severe vibrations when braking. Well, it is time again at 12500 miles, not a good trend. The power doors are nice, when they work! The dealer tells me there is nothing wrong with them. About 75% of the time I have to get back out and shut them because they would not close all the way (Honda Quality?). The engine is wonderfull, both powerfull and smooth. The transmission could use some tuning. I hate the "Grade Logic" feature. It is noisy on the highway but rides great, smooth and stable.

Honda Convert
By Nella on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great vehicle. First time Honda owner, and first time van owner. This was the right choice. Considered the others, but this van is safe, luxurious, and sporty. I enjoy driving it. And I am 6 feet 6 inches tall.

Best minivan
By Linh Nguyen on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

It is an excellent van.

Happy, though wincing from the cost...
By acroduster on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love the 5 speed and power - I love sucker punching sports cars in a minivan! The squeaks and rattles in the doors are bad, though, and the seats could be a little more comfy. Dealers could be somewhat more accomodating - laughing in your face when you say MSRP is a little disconcerting...

Buying an Odyssey is a Pain
By Tweed on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The dealership that I was negotiating with was high pressure and the sales manager even screamed at me "DON'T BUY THE MPV" repeatedly. A simply "Our resale value is better would have sufficed." I had to go elsewhere even though the car was offered at MSRP. Perhaps all this isn't worth getting the most popular minivan.