HONDA transmission failure at100K miles!
By Mark on
2001 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
I have a 2001 Honda Odyssey Van. I have maintained it according to all of the dealership recommendations and opted for all Honda advised work/repairs and scheduled maintenance since I purchased the van. The transmission failed at 100k miles! The service rep stated the several Honda vans have had a similar issue with the transmission. Honda did not offer a cent of assistance in this replacement. I relied on Honda's reputation for years and now I find that Honda will not stand by the quality of their vehicle and my cost is now $4,700.00 plus.
Favorite Features
Average Van that now has serious transmission problems.
Suggested Improvements
Honda should stand behind their vehicles. If a Honda vehicle has a well-maintained transmission fail at 100k miles, Honda should be reputable and not abandon a loyal consumer.
By mak17
on 08/15/11 13:55 PM (PDT)

Not just Odyssey, happened in Accord also...and we are the frustrated owner of Accord & Odyssey and both of them reached 110,000 miles and ahoy, we are in waters, stuck with transmission problems and an irresponsible answer from American Honda. I am now stuck with 2 vehicles with $0.00 resale value and an expense of $10,000 to continue our day-to-day life. Not to mention other problems in Sliding door locks, Paint quality etc..