Best I've owned, but could be better
By AJFromMaine on
2001 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
We really loved this van the first year, but it does not age well. The sliding doors feeze often in the winter, front tires wear unevenly, EGR has been replaced, and on our second battery. I've found the biggest problem is the sliding doors - when they freeze, I have to climb in from the front seat and give the door a "body-blow" to get it to open - then it is okay. Tire rims collect extra dirt inside so that after a carwash the tires feel like they are unbalanced. So you have to go back and wash inside the rim to get all the dirt out. Overall though, I would still recommend it - especially the newer models.
Favorite Features
Best van I've owned. Comfort and ride on long trips - can't beat it! Fold in floor rear seats saves on my back. Ease of removing middle seats is also good feature.
Suggested Improvements
Sliding doors definitely need improvement - need heaters in the winter to defrost so they open. Sliding doors also need to have a lower resistance rating. Our doors had different ratings - the drivers side door could have easily snapped a young childs arm - easily!