2001 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Engine leak
By HondaOverseas on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Problems began also with doors stuck frequently, loose seals on doors, and needing new brakes at 20k and 40k. At 3 years and 2 months, engine leak and then 2 mo later transmission failure. Oversease Warranty is 3 yr/36k mile, so will be very expensive fix!!!

Winner
By JTF8150 on 10/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has met or exceeded all expectations. It drives great, handles well, and can be filled to the top with tons of stuff. Never had one issue with the drivetrain or engine, just flawless. The side door design could be more robust, with stronger hardware.

dissatified honda first time buyer
By fassfs on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Honda Odyssey EX as my first Honda because I had heard about Honda reliability but I am very disappointed. I am on my third transmission. Luckily I have extended warranty but who needs a car that is not dependable. I had to wait one week each time for them to get rebuilt transmissions installed. If they know that it is a recurring problem with many owners, they could at least stock one transmission at each dealership. I also have problem with automatic sliding door on driver side. It sticks sometimes. This is my first and last Honda.

The best of the bunch
By SirShaw on 08/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I Started my car buying experience 20 years ago and I was an American buyer, but I had friends that had Hondas with 200k and bought them used with close to 100k. Now I see why. This blow the socks off of Dodge, Ford, and Gm. Nissan and Toyota are always going to play catch-up with Honda when is comes to Mini Vans. I bought this new and have 63k on it now. This handle better than all of those above and I have had no problems worth commenting about. If I'm in the Mini Van market in about 200k more miles I'd buy another.

Not Happy
By TaB on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When we bought what we thought would be our dream van with 27k on it we were expecting at least 250k -300k before any major problems,well not so.I drive about 60k a year and and need dependability so I bought a honda knowing about there good name.I now have to spend 1500+ to repair the AC which blew apart.The van is serviced every 6k and this should never have happened.I am looking elsewhere for my next van/truck.I had a plymoth van that was still going strong after 300k maybe luck maybe not.

Think Twice Before Buying!
By 2001HondaBadNews! on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this vehicle & 100 miles later the CHECK ENGINE & TCS light came on. Took it back to COMMUNITY HONDA where we purchased it 5 days previously & was told that they already had the rebuilt transmission, that the previous owners brought it in 10 days prior to the sale & decided to trade it in instead of pay for a new transmission.Meanwhile, Community Honda certified the vehicle, ordered a transmission but never put it in & put the van on the lot to sell. When confronted they offered to give us $100.00 & said they didn't know. We demanded to cancel our contract & are in the process of returning the vehicle! Very unethical!!

Good overall
By axr80c on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Good overall since bought. No major problems. Problems with door sticking, taken to dealer couple times. Rick Case is good about repairs etc. Stay away from Motor Cars Cleve Hts. They kept the vehicle all day 3 times for a clinking noise. They could'nt find problem. Eventually they wanted to replace my whole subframe to solve the clinking noise, which was repaired at Rick Case with a simple bolt tightening.

Seat belt issues
By Iain1 on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was totally satisfied with my Odessey up until very recently. The seat belts in the second and third row seats need replacing. They easily lock into position but will only readjust when completed reeled in. It appears that seat belts are a problem in the car. I cannot get them replaced because they are on national back order. I look forward to seeing the replacement to the Odessey in the fall but the seat belts need improving. I'm not sure how much I can trust these seat belts with my kids. Come on Honda.

An o-kay minivan
By norwin89 on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Pretty good car,love the ext design, but terrible int design and gas mileage, very comfortable seating and third row seating good enough for medium sized adults, a Good car, but could be better

Best Minivan Ever!!!!!!!!!!!
By WeloveourOdyssey on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

There just isn't a better minivan on the market. We love ours so much, we're selling it to lease a new one. Just take a look at where the resell values are at compared to every other minivan out there. Honda is the best, hands down!