2001 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
loved honda before this vehicle!
By Deb on 01/06/07 05:12 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van expecting my usual honda experience, lots of miles, low maintenance needs..the upfront expense was always worth it in the end because I didn't lose time with my vehicle in the shop. We have had to replace the transmission (yes, they covered it, but I was still in a rental for almost a week). The check engine light is on more than off to the point even the dealers in two states said ignore it unless something else is going wrong. The slider doors have had multiple problems, everything from replacing the door sensors to the door "deprogramming" itself. The door will close on you hard before it catches that there's something in the way, always a worry with toddlers.

Great minivan
By CD Fortier on 09/12/06 09:06 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Had to wait 2 months for this van, and couldn't get any of the colors we wanted because it was in short supply at the time. Car was worth the wait; it has more room for passengers and cargo, either alone or together, and you can't beat the leg room! Don't like the way the front seatbelts lock up at the slightest movement, and the sliding doors freeze shut in the winter. Has nice smooth, quiet ride, great for long rides.

LX model
By Tony G. on 06/19/06 11:14 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My van has a few over 100,000 miles and I have not had a serious problem with it yet. The only bad thing has been the manual sliding doors. They stick all the time and they freeze in cold weather. I saw someone mentioned that the transmission shifts late in cold weather and the dealer said it was a feature. It actually is a feature it shifts late with less pedal push so the engine can warm up faster.

A truly great mini-van.
By Bill Ihnow on 04/30/06 09:21 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Honda Odyssey has been everything I had hoped for. I only have two gripes. The tilt steering column does not come down as low as I would like it to, and no power passenger seat. Vehicle can't be too bad if these are the only complaints.

2001 Honda Odyssey
By Lynda on 04/03/06 09:30 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a limo for the two cars two kids set - tons of room for your stuff, reliable, solid, excellent for highway driving, lots of power, a total comfort machine. We've towed camper trailers, loaded kayaks and bikes on the roof. We've stuffed the vehicle with people and luggage with no noticable decrease in performance. This vehicle has not given us one day of grief. We are replacing our old 1990 Tercel with a Honda Fit - to anyone who reads this, go the extra bucks and buy a Honda - there really is no comparison, and believe me, I've driven them all. It doesn't score high in driving fun - but who buys a minivan for fun anyway. My 16 year old Tercel is more fun to drive, but you can't take it out of the driveway right now without something dropping off it.

Positive
By Pleased in Frisco on 03/14/06 01:50 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I feel very safe in my Honda. I accidentally hit a deer and all I felt was a bump. I didn't even get out to look. When I saw the damage the deer had done I was shocked. It's like Timex, it took a "lickin" and kept on "tickin".

Everything we expected for 3 little kids
By A & J on 02/18/06 15:04 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We recently paid off our van and plan to keep it for another 5 years. It has been very dependable and would highly recommend this van.

Standatd Complaint List
By Todd on 01/26/06 12:29 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great vehicle so far, but we do have low mileage ~ 50,000 miles. Sliding doors stick, rear gas tank slosh, crappy stock radio, interior noise level high, front drink tray vibrates since it is only connected on one side. These are fairly easy to ignore for me since I have only had to service this van for oil changes, brakes, rotors, the usual wear and tear stuff. I am extremely nervous about all the other owners who have lost the transmission. I am waiting for it to go any day now and just hope that the extended warranty takes care of this very expensive repair. It's paid for, so all I can do is ride it out and hope for the best.

2001 Odyssey Review
By hondafan on 01/20/06 21:49 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is one of the best I've ever owned. Other than routine maintenance, I haven't had to put any money into the vehicle. The storage capacity is awesome even with the back seat in. We can travel with 2 adults and 2 kids with room to spare. We'll own this car for several more years.

Not really bad, just not really good
By B. Willis on 01/03/06 19:02 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

First three and a half years went by pretty smooth with just a few annoyances like the sliding doors not wanting to close and the clock light burning out, twice. The last six months have been irritating with the transmission being changed, under warranty, for a computer chip problem, the air conditioning going out, and the EGR problem. The van handles well and the dealership has been better than most. Still, my next vehicle won't be a Honda.