2001 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Best Odyssey ever made
By honda on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

To all dodge/chrysler fans...I bought a dodge caravan and engine blew up on me after only a week, so I trade in for a HONDA. I LOVE this van expecially the auto sliding doors, the rear seats (very clever), cass/cd player, vtec power (240), extremely advanced technology wise.

Sold on Odyssey
By John63 on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Just completed 879 miles from Dallas to Atlanta in one day. My average speed was about 80, with prolonged periods of 90-100MPH. Flawless performance. The interior room is amazing compared to Windstar (a recent vacation rental). The Honda can handle 6 people and their luggage to the airport, the Ford could not. Concern: Our Odyssey's tranny had to be replaced after 18 months. Under slightly uphill loads the tranny hummed/squealed (almost un- identifiable), it took the Honda tech almost 20 minutes of me pointing it out until he recognized it. They replaced it under the warranty, no questions.

Heart Broken Honda lover
By Ted 2 on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Our '01 Odyssey just had its first birthday two weeks ago and have enjoyed the van thoroughly. It has been a perfect vehicle. Unfortunatly it was totaled two days ago, I plan on buying another one. Finding what you want for MSRP is tough.

Resale value higher than sales price
By ric on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A great ride and keeps my family very safe. I paid less than what I see the same used models selling for today. Imagine buying a car and making money on it!

Great Honda but Stinky Dealership
By Honda Fan 02 on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

01 Oddy is an upgrade from a 95 Quest. Handling is excellant due to lower profiling. Power is pretty good but it feels a little sluggist. This is no race car. No problem with the engine, tran or gas milage. The kids love it. One minor complaint is that the driver seat (electrical) seems to moved out of adjustment by itself. The biggest complaint is the dealership in Cerritos. I wrote a letter to the Honda Corporation and they have forwarded the complaint to the dealership but never heard from them. Norm Reeve Honda is too big and they feel that they can affort to neglect a few customers. Be careful with them and don't be the next victim.

Life Saver
By Pacsman on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This van does it all. We can take our 2 kids to the airport with us and pick up Grandparents, 4 lg pieces of luggage and all be comfortable for the trip home. No more taking two cars. We've liked it so much, we're trading for 2002 model.

Nice Van... Poor Gas Mileage
By drowe on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The van overall has been great. We are now driving it oversees (Naples Italy) and the car handles nicely at 90 - 100mph on the autostrada. While in the states and our first 3 months in Italy, the gas mileage was really poor! 14 - 15 in the city... 20 - 21 on the

Like It .....BUT....
By VanGo on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have a 2002 EX that we paid MSRP (Don't dicker pay sticker!!) Never paid over sticker and would not with this car either. Van runs great. Only has 3,700 miles but the mileage is not what I expected (18mpg). Right front side passengers window howls in the wind over 70mph. Power doors generally work fine. The van does not ride as nice as the Grand Caravan but I am sure it will be around longer. I did not consider the Toyota only because it was to small inside. The 2002's new 240 horse motor is hands downs stronger and smoother than the competition. I am happy with it so far but the wind noise issue is annoying and will go to the dealer next week.

Best Family Car I Ever Had
By KSB on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was relocated from overseas and have driven many different makes and models. When I was in the US, I rented a couple of mini-vans to try out the different feel. I also test drove the vehicles exhaustively and tormented all the various dealers with my line of questioning and competiveness of their cars. Almost every competitor named only one car they saw as being the finest, The Odyssey. The Odyssey emerged as the Supreme master. My wife, a new driver here in the States couldn't have started off with a better car as as well as knowing she could always feel safe with its 5 Star rating.

Get the Extended Warranty!
By CentralVirginia on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We like out '01 Oddy very much. We drove 60 miles to Brown's Honda in Charlottesville because (a) they let us test drive one and (b) we didn't have to pay over MSRP. Ask for Diane - she was great. I like the Oddy, but it has been in the dealer 4 times so far because of power door malfunctions. The Magic Seat, Traction Control, Climate Control and larger size made this our choice over the Sienna. It's our first Honda after 4 Toyotas and I rate them (as companies) equal.