2001 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
always want one, finally got one
By northwest on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We just bought an 01 ODDY from a private seller. It has 26.5k miles, like the mini so far. I've read alot about the Tranny, and our's having a rough time shifting (up/down) between 20-25 mph when cold. After moving a bit, things would be fine. Taking it to dealer for a check with my extended warranty.

Quite The Ride In The A.T.L. !!!
By LAMON&ELIN on 10/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have had 1 Serious electrical failure, repair exceded 3 days. Small pebble cracked windshield. Paint quailty is comming into question lately. Steering wheel vibrates above 45mph on smooth pavement. The quality overall is good, and the car is safe for Atlanta driving/commuting. This is the car to have if you need a minivan. Good Performance, Good Radio Very roomy, very nice, Well Done Honda.

Great Van
By Ody Mom on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had a wonderful time owning the Honda Odyssey. Everything about it is great. LOTS of room for everyone and everything.

Best Van, but...
By Desert_Hawk on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Found a used 2001 with 13000 miles (stellar condition) and was able to get a good deal on the vehicle. Love the interior space. Engine is good (transmission shifts are fair -- the 2002 tranny is better). Solid build quality and handles great, but I took a rock off the windshield the 2nd day I owned the vehicle and the windshield cracked. Took many hits in my old car and never had the the windshield crack -- don't know if it is an issue with the huge Odyssey windshield or just bad luck.

Not bad for a van
By R Van Siclen on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is our second van. The first was a Dodge Caravan, still rolling after 118K, so no complaints. But the Odyssey is tighter in turns, much more stable at speed, much more fun to drive, much easier to drive many miles a day, and so far has not even hicupped much less caused any problems.

Hoosier review on Honda Odessey
By bbacaphd on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought the vehicle and it is much more powerful than my previous minivan, a '94 Dodge Caravan 3.0. The ride seems a bit harsher than I would have expected as I drove a 2002 Honda Accord with same powerplant and transmission. The Accord was much quieter and sounded more solid. The Odessey sounded much quieter than my Caravan. Sound system is not up to par for vehicle

JUNK
By KIM on 07/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

WORST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED. CONSISTENT ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS AND NOISES. HONDA WILL SOON OWN THIS ONE UNDER THE LEMON LAW.

I have a lemon of the batch
By Odyonwer on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

zpoorly built vehicle. Dealer had to replace high-mount brake spoiler because the gasket underneath melted in hot weather. Rear light covers-cracked and peeled off. Dealer had to repaint the front bumper because of discoloration (yellow) - original paint is silver. Repaint part of roof top because of rust spot from under the paint! steering wheel cant to the left. Very loud metalic bang (like someone hits the engine w/a hammer) when the AC is engaged after engine started if the car is unused for overnight - the dealer still can't figure out!!!! I need advice!!!!

An excellent vehicle
By dickins on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am in my late 60's, so I have owned a few cars. This car is the best car I have ever owned. I also want to say that the service I have received at three different dealerships. It has been excellent.

Odyssey 2001 Excellent Family Vehicle
By Anthony Mormino on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Tons of space, extremely reliable, easy to drive and configure, third row disappearing seat is incredible. Lots of power in the V-6 engine.