Used 2001 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Positive
By Pleased in Frisco

2001 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I feel very safe in my Honda. I accidentally hit a deer and all I felt was a bump. I didn't even get out to look. When I saw the damage the deer had done I was shocked. It's like Timex, it took a "lickin" and kept on "tickin".

Favorite Features

My favorite feature besides comfort is the cargo space. It's amazing how much you can get into one.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic door locks when "drive" is initiated.

Everything we expected for 3 little kids
By A & J

2001 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We recently paid off our van and plan to keep it for another 5 years. It has been very dependable and would highly recommend this van.

Standatd Complaint List
By Todd

2001 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great vehicle so far, but we do have low mileage ~ 50,000 miles. Sliding doors stick, rear gas tank slosh, crappy stock radio, interior noise level high, front drink tray vibrates since it is only connected on one side. These are fairly easy to ignore for me since I have only had to service this van for oil changes, brakes, rotors, the usual wear and tear stuff. I am extremely nervous about all the other owners who have lost the transmission. I am waiting for it to go any day now and just hope that the extended warranty takes care of this very expensive repair. It's paid for, so all I can do is ride it out and hope for the best.

Favorite Features

Read fold down bench seat, sliding doors when they do not stick, safety rating. Engine is powerful.

Suggested Improvements

Sliding doors stick, rear gas tank slosh, crappy stock radio and speakers, interior noise level high, front drink tray vibrates, Transmission - Transmission - Transmission! Fold down read seats.

2001 Odyssey Review
By hondafan

2001 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is one of the best I've ever owned. Other than routine maintenance, I haven't had to put any money into the vehicle. The storage capacity is awesome even with the back seat in. We can travel with 2 adults and 2 kids with room to spare. We'll own this car for several more years.

Favorite Features

Interior room available even with the seats in.

Suggested Improvements

Tilt steering wheel needs to be redesigned. The only way to see the instrument panels is with the wheel in the full up position. Also, with it any lower, it's hard to get in and out of the driver's seat.

Not really bad, just not really good
By B. Willis

2001 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

First three and a half years went by pretty smooth with just a few annoyances like the sliding doors not wanting to close and the clock light burning out, twice. The last six months have been irritating with the transmission being changed, under warranty, for a computer chip problem, the air conditioning going out, and the EGR problem. The van handles well and the dealership has been better than most. Still, my next vehicle won't be a Honda.

Favorite Features

Handles the best of the 2001 class of minivans.