Used 2001 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews - 134 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2001 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

2001 Honda Odyssey
By Lynda

2001 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a limo for the two cars two kids set - tons of room for your stuff, reliable, solid, excellent for highway driving, lots of power, a total comfort machine. We've towed camper trailers, loaded kayaks and bikes on the roof. We've stuffed the vehicle with people and luggage with no noticable decrease in performance. This vehicle has not given us one day of grief. We are replacing our old 1990 Tercel with a Honda Fit - to anyone who reads this, go the extra bucks and buy a Honda - there really is no comparison, and believe me, I've driven them all. It doesn't score high in driving fun - but who buys a minivan for fun anyway. My 16 year old Tercel is more fun to drive, but you can't take it out of the driveway right now without something dropping off it.

Cruise is beautiful. Excellent visibility on the highway. Power plus. You can camp out in it.

Positive
By Pleased in Frisco

2001 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I feel very safe in my Honda. I accidentally hit a deer and all I felt was a bump. I didn't even get out to look. When I saw the damage the deer had done I was shocked. It's like Timex, it took a "lickin" and kept on "tickin".

My favorite feature besides comfort is the cargo space. It's amazing how much you can get into one.

Automatic door locks when "drive" is initiated.

Everything we expected for 3 little kids
By A & J

2001 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We recently paid off our van and plan to keep it for another 5 years. It has been very dependable and would highly recommend this van.

Standatd Complaint List
By Todd

2001 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great vehicle so far, but we do have low mileage ~ 50,000 miles. Sliding doors stick, rear gas tank slosh, crappy stock radio, interior noise level high, front drink tray vibrates since it is only connected on one side. These are fairly easy to ignore for me since I have only had to service this van for oil changes, brakes, rotors, the usual wear and tear stuff. I am extremely nervous about all the other owners who have lost the transmission. I am waiting for it to go any day now and just hope that the extended warranty takes care of this very expensive repair. It's paid for, so all I can do is ride it out and hope for the best.

Read fold down bench seat, sliding doors when they do not stick, safety rating. Engine is powerful.

Sliding doors stick, rear gas tank slosh, crappy stock radio and speakers, interior noise level high, front drink tray vibrates, Transmission - Transmission - Transmission! Fold down read seats.

2001 Odyssey Review
By hondafan

2001 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is one of the best I've ever owned. Other than routine maintenance, I haven't had to put any money into the vehicle. The storage capacity is awesome even with the back seat in. We can travel with 2 adults and 2 kids with room to spare. We'll own this car for several more years.

Interior room available even with the seats in.

Tilt steering wheel needs to be redesigned. The only way to see the instrument panels is with the wheel in the full up position. Also, with it any lower, it's hard to get in and out of the driver's seat.