2000 Honda Odyssey Consumer Review: Lucky I guess

2000 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Review

EX Passenger Minivan (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Lucky I guess
By Robert Smith on

2000 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

I bought my Odyssey new, performed scheduled maintenance and haven't had any major problems. Did have EGR valve replaced under warranty. The transmission has a small leak that is annoying but has never failed. As a side note, I never used Honda Transmission Fluid, and I changed my transmission fluid every 40K miles or so - usually after towing a small utility trailer or u-haul. I now have 156k miles and given the history of cars I've owned before, if it broke down tomorrow I wouldn't be upset. What will bother me more about buying another Odyssey is that inflated price for a comparably equipped model but considering I had to pay sticker for this one, I guess it's to be expected.

strong A/C, flexibility with interior seating including hideaway 3rd row seat, durability of interior, quiet interior/exterior

Stereo sound is bad, rear drum brakes should be disc, luggage rack is useless without buying additional cross bars, don't like buying "suggested" premium gasoline for it, and definitely an AWD option. I'm leaning heavily toward the Sienna just for this feature.