2000 Honda Odyssey Consumer Review: Great Minivan

2000 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Review

Great Minivan
By DaveA on

2000 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

Yeah, it's a minivan. But...if what you want is solid reliability and flexibility, then the Odyssey delivers. I have had mine since new in late 1999 and it has only been to the shop once over 130,000 miles for a timing belt. That's it. I have used Mobil 1 and been careful to keep up with the maintenance, which is very little other than fluids, battery, plugs and brake pads. I am going to buy another Odyssey if my 10 year old one ever decides to conk out.

Reliability and low cost of ownership. It simply will not die as long as you make sure to follow the proper maintenance routine. I am a big fan of synthetic oil.

Gas mileage is OK for such a heavy vehicle. However, given that the new Honda four cylinder engines produce 170+ HP, why not drop one of those in the Odyssey. It's a minivan. All I need is adequate acceleration. Drop the power doors. Too slow to open and close.