Don't buy Honda
By Unhappy Honda Owner on
2000 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan
I am so sorry I didn't find this forum before buying my 2000 Honda Odyssey with 45000 miles. Transmission is "toast" at 100000 miles, and from the horror stories I've read here and heard elsewhere, it is not worth fixing. I am going to donate this (if they'll take it) and buy only Toyota from now on. I was expecting to get 150K miles easily, as I did with my Toyota's, but this clunker fell about 2.5 years shy of that. I will never buy another Honda based on all the bad transmissions in this plus Accord and others. Goodbye Honda, Hello Toyota.
Favorite Features
Captains chairs, removable & fold down seats good for transporting luggage, etc.
Suggested Improvements
This transmission is flawed. Honda should do something, like a "cash for clunkers" type promotion. Bring in your defective Honda & get $3K towards lease, etc. This was a huge disappointment. Never again will I buy a Honda.
By sebastian6
on 01/11/11 14:32 PM (PST)

You should buy Toyota it will last you forever as long as you do all the mantanince to the car, I have a toyota sienna and it has 300000 miles and still runs like new!!!