2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Darn good van
By paulbkirby on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

We bought this van used (Honda Certified) in 10/02. It had half the mileage of all the other Odysseys on the lot making me suspicious, but it was Certified so I figured we were safe. So far so good. We got it for several thousand under TMV and have been very happy with it to date. No mechanical problems. Electrical problem is only that the interior lights sometimes don't come on when the driver's door is opened. Annoying, but not a major issue.

never again
By mjmcl on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

After 4 sets of breaks and 2 sets of drums the breaking system sound like the axle is going to fall off. The side doors woun't open when its cold. Neither of the problems could be solved by the dealership even after 2 1/2 years of trying. I bought a honda because they were suppose to be able to go over 100,000 miles, not this one.

Karen's Review
By ksmith on 02/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

We love the car and so does the middle and high school kids. We have been told that the van is "tight".

transmission troubles
By Hondaham on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

I have owned this van for almost 3 years nad have had the transmission replaced two times (under warranty both times). I have been dissapointed in the engine quality for a Honda, other than that super vehicle.

2000 Odyssey
By mogll on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan

Of all minivans we looked at, the Odyssey was by far the best value with outstanding engine performance in all driving terrains & conditions. The 3rd seat is great with its stowaway capability. If you remove the center seats you can fit a queen size air mattress completely under the 3rd seat with the air plug accessible from the rear hatch; the mattress will extend all the way up to the front seats covering the entire floor area. This is a great configuration for long distance travel. My wife & I are about 6'6" and can completely stretch out side-by-side to sleep comfortably.

Another tranny failure
By rolly on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

Our tranny gave out at 71K. Lucky for the extended warrantee. The failure was very fast with little warning. I am not happy with the fit and finish of this van. Paint chips easily, dashboard has very thin color coating which scratches easily. rattles and shakes abound. Anti-theft key system failure left us stranded for two days early on.

2000 Honda Road Trip
By AWagner12 on 12/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

This vehicle was a great choice for my family. It rides like a car, yet looks nothing like one. It fells rock solid while driving. It feels on a par with many SUV's on the road. Gas mileage is not great, but its not a pig either. The only problem I encountered was with the door seals on the sliding doors. The R/S door sometimes sticks so bad it feels like you may break the door handle both in/out if you force it. The dealer says silicone spray is the best way to fix the problem. I had a pollution control go bad after the 36,000 mile warranty...but it was covered by law. Due to the safety rating I will most likely buy another new next year.

Great van
By Hondaddicted on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan

Our van has been wonderfully reliable, never leaving us stranded, but it has a few rattles and noises that we're not used to seeing with our other Hondas. A rattling lock on one of the power doors, and a squeay, creaky front passenger seat that 5 dealer trips didnt fix. Other than that, it is more fun to drive than my smaller, seemingly sportier accord.

Great (for a mini-van)
By Minny on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan

Excellent family vehicle. Not the two seater sports car I really wanted, but great roomy vehicle for family vacations. Dealer replaced transmission a few weeks ago at 75,000 miles when I commented on high RPM on upshift. New tranny works even smoother than the first one. Resale value has held up as well as previously owned Accord, Lexus and Corolla.

Piece OF JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Shd Hve Bght Toyota on 11/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan

Vehicle has been totally unreliable! Windows leak,sliding doors repaired 3X and still not fixed. Check engine light repeatedly comes on. Tape deck was repaired. Clock repaired. BEWARE OF DEALER SERVICE!!!!Overpriced, totally incompetent! Have been to 2 different dealers, and they are all the same. Honda Corporate in CA. not helpful either!