Used 2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews - 142 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Still love it
By jeff

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan

Just purchased a 2005 Odyssey EX-L and thank God I checked here about the Touring edition first (didn't buy that one) We still have the 2000 EX and still love it, never a single complaint or problem...NEVER! We did the timing belt and water-pump replacement at the correct time and the tune-up too. All done at the Honda dealership. I can not say one bad thing about it other than I never thought I would drive a van, now I bought another one!

Volume controls on steering wheel, 3rd row fold flat seats, dark tinted rear windows.

It really would have been nice to have lumbar in the drivers seat.

200 honda odyssey
By tw

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

Paid $21,000 new off the showroom floor in Alaska. Van has 117,000 miles and has had no major problems. Replaced timing belt at 100K but it did not need to be replaced, the old one looked like new. Tried to sell it a few years ago at fair market value but no takers.

Interior room, comfortable for 6 adults. I really like the captain chairs in the back and the fold down rear seat.

Brakes, brakes, brakes. We replaced our rear brakes before replacing the front brakes. Brakes squeak constantly with Honda parts. Terrible rear brakes nothing but problems. Sliding door stick and extremely hard to open.

Reliable but.......
By frogdaddy

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan

I have to say this vehicle never left me on the side of the road somewhere. 118k without having transmission fail. Spent over 6k in scheduled recommended maintenance and wear. Including things I wouldn't expect to fail so soon..... Auto sliding door junction boxes, Motor mounts, and EGR. Did I mention EGR? Reason for that is I had it serviced under recall and it still need service for same issue yet I had to pay $700 for it. Ugh!!!

Space V6 Looks 3 row seat

Meet my expectations for a Honda. I've own 4 Honda's and I have to say quality is beginning to suffer. Starting with my 2000 Odyssey. My next purchase will be Toyota.

3 Transmissions Later
By usedcaralways

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan

The first year we owned our van was great. Starting with the first summer our luck ran out and every summer for 3 years we'd have to replace the transmission. Honda helped us out once but after that we were on our own. During research my husband found out that the transmission used on this 2000 model had so many problems that Honda never used it again. Today we still own it but are hunting for another vehicle because our 3rd transmission has started to act up and before it dies we need to get out of this money pit of a car. we were a couple hundred from paying it off but instead are putting that money towards another vehicle. My husband swears we'll never own another Honda again.

Transmission recall for this model.

Some Issues
By Honda owner

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan

Two big problems with the 2000 Odyssey. First, the transmission tends to break and has design issues. Second, the automatic sliding doors tend to break also. Both of them on my Odyssey have had issues, and are expensive to fix. Other than those, it is comfortable and handles well for a minivan.

Hideaway seats.

Fix the transmission. I think that they have on more recent years. Improve the automatic sliding doors.