Used 2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

good car
By Victor

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan

This car is a nice car we have taken it on lots of road trips and it has not broken down. The car is comfortable, roomy, and quite. I have not had to replace the transmission the only things we had to replace was the fuel line and the battery so far. The cons are that the engine does not provide enough power, leather seating is not available, and all-wheel drive is not an option but everything else is good for the time being we plan to keep it for another year because it is still reliable.

Climate control, easy fold down rear seats, decent fuel economy, and space.

Engine not strong enough, leather seats not an option, and all wheel drive is not available.

200,000 miles may be the limit!
By Denise

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan

We bought the Odyssey new and have 197,000 on it 8 years later. I had hoped to keep the van for 4 more years (300,000 miles) but may not make it. I had ERG problems several times and was never able to get the dealer to fix it even though they identified the ERG as defective. It costs $300 each time for repairs. The sliding doors are a potential problem. Both open with a hard knock, but are still operational. I'm sure a fix will be needed in the near future. I also had a $3500 transmission rebuild in Dec. 2007. Now six months later the van is back in the shop because the transmission is slipping. A Prius may be in my immediate future!

Still love it
By jeff

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan

Just purchased a 2005 Odyssey EX-L and thank God I checked here about the Touring edition first (didn't buy that one) We still have the 2000 EX and still love it, never a single complaint or problem...NEVER! We did the timing belt and water-pump replacement at the correct time and the tune-up too. All done at the Honda dealership. I can not say one bad thing about it other than I never thought I would drive a van, now I bought another one!

Volume controls on steering wheel, 3rd row fold flat seats, dark tinted rear windows.

It really would have been nice to have lumbar in the drivers seat.

200 honda odyssey
By tw

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

Paid $21,000 new off the showroom floor in Alaska. Van has 117,000 miles and has had no major problems. Replaced timing belt at 100K but it did not need to be replaced, the old one looked like new. Tried to sell it a few years ago at fair market value but no takers.

Interior room, comfortable for 6 adults. I really like the captain chairs in the back and the fold down rear seat.

Brakes, brakes, brakes. We replaced our rear brakes before replacing the front brakes. Brakes squeak constantly with Honda parts. Terrible rear brakes nothing but problems. Sliding door stick and extremely hard to open.

Reliable but.......
By frogdaddy

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan

I have to say this vehicle never left me on the side of the road somewhere. 118k without having transmission fail. Spent over 6k in scheduled recommended maintenance and wear. Including things I wouldn't expect to fail so soon..... Auto sliding door junction boxes, Motor mounts, and EGR. Did I mention EGR? Reason for that is I had it serviced under recall and it still need service for same issue yet I had to pay $700 for it. Ugh!!!

Space V6 Looks 3 row seat

Meet my expectations for a Honda. I've own 4 Honda's and I have to say quality is beginning to suffer. Starting with my 2000 Odyssey. My next purchase will be Toyota.