2000 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
My Honda is Awesome
By TW in New Hampshire on 02/16/09 11:27 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan

I pulled her off the showroom floor in November 1999 and have for the most part put every mile on her. She is phenomenal. No Major repairs. Tires, oil changes, spark plugs, the regular maintenance. I would recommend a Honda to anyone who works hard for their dollar.

Not the Best Honda ever Made
By TerryW on 02/10/09 10:20 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

Bought used w/ 44K mi. EGR problems @ 70k (fixed free by dealer). This van eats batteries and front brakes. On my 4th battery, and 3rd set of brakes in past 65K miles. Also for past yr. have a recurring fuel vapor leak (EVAP system) fault. Tried new gas cap, but that did not fix. Does a good job pulling our pop-up camper (2500#) though. No engine or transm. issues.

Hoping for 10 good years
By Bob H on 12/29/08 11:35 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

Bought the van used with 20km. Certified so when the door motor died it was free. I now have 65km and no significant issues. Replaced timing belt and brakes and have intermittent issues with doors buzzing and check engine light coming on. Most are liveable issues with a 8-yr old car. It is tough to get transmission into D3 other than when I am parked, but I haven't really needed to do that all that often. Great car for long family vacations. I will probably keep the car for a few more years and get another Honda.

Love It But
By Love It But on 10/08/08 20:03 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan

Bought Van from dealer used with 110,000 miles, bought used Japanese before with over 40000 in the past. Excellent mpg on hwy of 27 mpg. I'm big, fits me well, tons of room for passengers and stuff. CD went out, a/c went out, remote doors to not work all the time, sliding driver door will not lock automatically, transmission went out 170,000. 2 friends' Odyssey trans went out at 99,000. Rubber timing belts in Van changed at 115,000, had 2 Toyota vans, only changed oil, never any problems drove to 220,000 miles, this one at 215,000 no a/c toime to change timing belts, wonder if transmission will last still like handling, roominess, but can trust Honda, new vans seem worst.

Transmission Nightmare!
By liane robinson on 09/22/08 16:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

Don't even need to write a review, they are all the same! On my third transmission. First one replaced by Honda at 95,000. Now at 152,000 the car will only move in reverse. Honda do a thing! Have had issues with the doors as well. Passenger side door needs new contacts. Won't close and when the door opens, it scratches up against the doors. The path the door travels is now paint free! What a nightmare. I will never own another Honda!

good car
By Victor on 08/12/08 18:42 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

This car is a nice car we have taken it on lots of road trips and it has not broken down. The car is comfortable, roomy, and quite. I have not had to replace the transmission the only things we had to replace was the fuel line and the battery so far. The cons are that the engine does not provide enough power, leather seating is not available, and all-wheel drive is not an option but everything else is good for the time being we plan to keep it for another year because it is still reliable.

200,000 miles may be the limit!
By Denise on 06/03/08 11:40 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

We bought the Odyssey new and have 197,000 on it 8 years later. I had hoped to keep the van for 4 more years (300,000 miles) but may not make it. I had ERG problems several times and was never able to get the dealer to fix it even though they identified the ERG as defective. It costs $300 each time for repairs. The sliding doors are a potential problem. Both open with a hard knock, but are still operational. I'm sure a fix will be needed in the near future. I also had a $3500 transmission rebuild in Dec. 2007. Now six months later the van is back in the shop because the transmission is slipping. A Prius may be in my immediate future!

Still love it
By jeff on 04/22/08 12:45 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

Just purchased a 2005 Odyssey EX-L and thank God I checked here about the Touring edition first (didn't buy that one) We still have the 2000 EX and still love it, never a single complaint or problem...NEVER! We did the timing belt and water-pump replacement at the correct time and the tune-up too. All done at the Honda dealership. I can not say one bad thing about it other than I never thought I would drive a van, now I bought another one!

200 honda odyssey
By tw on 04/21/08 05:12 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan

Paid $21,000 new off the showroom floor in Alaska. Van has 117,000 miles and has had no major problems. Replaced timing belt at 100K but it did not need to be replaced, the old one looked like new. Tried to sell it a few years ago at fair market value but no takers.

Reliable but.......
By frogdaddy on 03/30/08 19:03 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

I have to say this vehicle never left me on the side of the road somewhere. 118k without having transmission fail. Spent over 6k in scheduled recommended maintenance and wear. Including things I wouldn't expect to fail so soon..... Auto sliding door junction boxes, Motor mounts, and EGR. Did I mention EGR? Reason for that is I had it serviced under recall and it still need service for same issue yet I had to pay $700 for it. Ugh!!!