2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Tranny Unsafe
By K2Rider on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

Bought our 2000LX new. Battled with front end shake for 6 mths. Dealer replaced tires and resolved it. Engine idles poorly, paint chips & rusts very easily, slider doors stick, sometimes it won't start, front suspension clunk- 5 dealer trips then fixed. NOW HONDA ADMITS TO TRANNY PROBLEMS IN AN L.A. TIMES ARTICLE. Research before you buy one of these. See: ODYCLUB.com . Overall: very dissapointed.

Love that GPS!
By griffpen on 09/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

I love ths van especially the GPS. I thought the GPS would be just a neat toy but now both my wife and I agree we never want another car without one. I'm surprised Honda doesn't tout it more. The fold down rear seat is great. But I do have trouble with the rear window wiper - it keeps coming loose and I have to have the dealer tighten it. Ride is a little stiff compared to my Avalon but not bad for a van. The seats are a little short. I could use a little more leg support for long trips. Accelerates nicely. My kids love that they can control the AC in back. Have had zero trouble with the auto sliding doors unlike some other reviews I have seen here.

Little less than expected
By cvb on 09/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

Had a Civic. Ran for 250,000 carefree miles. Odyssey is comfortable and roomy. Problems: ~ Has constant knock. Dealer says Honda only wants us to use Chevron gas per internal memo. ~ Sliding door seals had to be replaced due to sticking. ~ Needed front brakes at 30,000 miles likely due to vehicle weight. Numerous brake sensor errors. ~ Various trim flaws requiring trips to dealer. ~ Pulls to the right but dealer swears it is due to the crown in the road. Uneven tire wear. ~ Rough shifting in certain situations. ~ Radio controls blocked by gear shift column.

A Honda Lemon?
By Joei on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

I switched to the Honda so that I could feel safe that my wife and children were in a dependable car. Three transmisions (within the first 30,000 miles), cooling system fix, four door handles, and a variety of other annoyances later, and I would not recommend this to ANYONE! The van looks good and drives nice, but not worth the worry. My wife has no sense of security.

Watch that transmission
By bags on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan

Have 47000 mi, original owner. No towing, only normal driving around Illinois (ie, no hills). Transmission started making slight grinding noise in 4th gear only at about 55mph. If in 3rd, no noise. If you let off gas, no noise. Dealer had it today and the carrier bearing in the transmission is going out and the whole transmission needs to be replaced. I have the extended warranty which will pay for it as well as a rental car. Listen carefully to yours when crusing around 55mph.

A great MiniVan
By odm321 on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan

We have had the van for 2 years and have enjoyed owning it more than any other vehicle we have ever had. The van has plenty of get up and is very comfortable on long trips and just around town. Ample room for seven adults wich we have had on many occations.

One Great Van!!
By Odyssey Lover on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan

I have had my van for about a year now. It's great! We have put many miles on our van because my husband's job was about 400 miles away from home. He would drive the van back and forth to come home on weekends. The van did great! We have absolutely no complaints! I plan on keeping this van for a long time and when I am ready for a new car I am planning on getting a new Odyssey!

Tom's review
By tlupfer on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

This has been an excellant vehicle, very roomy, allows 6 to travel in comfort Doesnot ride like a truck!

By far the best on the road
By TKofColorado on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

I am quite surprised to hear so many have problems with their van. Our 2000 LX has performed without a glitch. I couldn’t be more pleased to drive this van. I’ve driven vans from Dodge, Ford, Mazda, and Chev. All don’t hold a candle to this van— especially the loose-goose Dodge.

Odyssey
By ngchiro on 08/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan

Love owning this vehicle. Parents own a Grand Caravan. Test drove the Windstar. Both are inferior to the Odyssey