2000 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews 11

2000 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Not Made Simple Anymore
By PAN on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

Where to begin? Move up to the HO from a Nissan Quest so my wife could have a reliable van. What a mistake!! For the first 3 years, back to the dealer 3 times per year to fix power doors...got stuck at Disney World & on the highways (ignition switch problems)...replaced transmission @ 40K miles...trans stopped working again at 54K miles...looks like we will need a new trans again @ 61K. I better stop there, I'm starting to get depressed. Must say though, Honda has tried, they know they have a mayor problem out there. Currently looking at the new Toyota!!

Great Now, Greatest w/Improvements
By DDH on 01/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

First 4 months were the pits doors continueously had problems. The contineous returns to the dealer eventually fixed the door problem. Then a low grinding noise when backing up, the transmission was replaced Dealer had vehicle more than we did. Even with being put out over the period of problems, I love my Odyssey. It is roomy, it is great for the kids, my elderly Mother who is handicapped finds little difficulty getting in and out of the Odyssey. Lastly the knobs for the driver side are in a bad place, I have had to have the knobs replaced due to the children stepping on the knobs.

ENGINE CHECK LIGHT
By RICVEGAS on 01/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

I HAD A PROBLEM WITH THIS CAR ABOUT THE ENGINE LIGHT ALWAYS COMES ON. I BROUGHT IT TO THE SERVICE TO FIX IT. THE CORRECTION THAT THEY MADE WAS TO REPLACE A PIPE INSIDE THE GAS TANK OR WHATEVER. AFTER TWO MONTHS THE LIGHT COMES ON AGAIN, THEN BROUGHT IT BACK TO THE SERVICE TO FIX THE SAME PROBLEM. NOW EVERY ONE OR TWO MONTHS THE ENGINE LIGHT IS ALWAYS COMING ON. I'M TIRED ALREADY BRINGING THIS CAR TO THE SERVICE.

Family Van
By Tyler Harms on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

A pleasure to own.

Honda Mini Van
By antonio12345 on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan

I love this car. I am glad that waited and bought the best.

Good van with some kinks
By Momto4 on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

Understand that my previous van was a 95 Windstar, so it didn't take much for my next vehicle to impress me. Overall, I think the HO is a good van. I feel very safe transporting my four children in it. I am annoyed by the inconsistent power sliding doors. They stick too often. I haven't had the brake or transmission problems others have mentioned. I have, however, had problems with some of the interior features and I think it's extremely noisy on the road. I find the front seats to be uncomfortable on long trips. I have had trouble with the exterior dinging too easily as well.

ditch it
By ditch it on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan

Bought it new and within 6mos the sliding doors were sticking and by 38000mi the brakes weremaking a grinding noise. the tires only lasted 27000mi. Now at 44000mi the crusecontrol quit working and the transmission lever is stuck and will be a major repair. that's right, you can't drive it if you can't get it out of park. i won't buy another one.

Perfect, but..
By DWC on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

Everything has been fine with our van save one thing. Those d*** automatic doors. They are forever having intermittent problems. Frequent trips to the dealership and still problematic. Usually they close, just the buzzer keeps going off. Sometimes they just don't close all the way. A fraction of an inch from shutting. Very frustrating and probably the 2nd reason I'm about to get rid of it. (1st is the fact that it's about that time) However everything else works great. Engine still quite as ever. Works well for the family. Oh well.

Disappointed
By HBM on 11/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

I am disappointed in the Oddy. Terrible quality.

2000 Odyssey LX
By ADubinLA on 10/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan

We bought our Odyssey just after our first son was born. It's been fantastic. We decided on the LX because we were afraid of having power sliding doors with a toddler around the house. This hasn't been a big issue. Our favorite features are 1) roominess, 2) 3rd row folding seat and 3) good power. The biggest downside, fuel economy. We average <15 mpg around town. All in all, a great car. I'd definitely buy another.