1999 Honda Odyssey 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Satisfied Overall

1999 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Review

Satisfied Overall
By Ather on

1999 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

I bought this car just for the Honda reputation used with 24k miles. Great long distance runner, people mover and multipurpose vehicle. It drives smooth and quiet. I have put over 55k miles on the car and have had to change the battery, brakes, tires (a few times) and rear side window which slipped out of its frame. It has a Honda recall on the tranny which I haven't had problems yet with but am starting to feel it a bit now. Tire balancing has been a problem with all the new tires. Overall, quite satisfied. I would also look at the Toyota Sienna. It is smaller but has a tighter feel to it.

Favorite Features

Folding 3rd seat, Captains chairs, smooth and quiet engine, overall reliability and spacious cabin.

Suggested Improvements

PUT IN A TRIP COMPUTER!! Also, a smoother shifting transmission. They roll back in Drive when on a hill (standard feature) - that's scary!. Improve the auto sliding doors, they stick sometimes and the alarm stays on. Also add a functional roof rack as a standard feature.