1998 Honda Odyssey Consumer Review: Honda Odyssey

1998 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Review

LX Passenger Minivan (2.3L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Honda Odyssey
By julesagain on

1998 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan

I love this van and I will drive it until it dies. I test drove every minivan and SUV before buying this one. It drives the most like a Honda car - good suspension, tight steering, confident feel in traffic. I drive over 25K miles per year in the worst traffic in the US. This van has been a champ and has never left me stranded. If you have resisted minivans because you love your sports car, this one is the least painless if you need the space. I really love it and resist driving our other vehicles now.

Favorite Features

CD player/stereo is excellent seats are excellent steering/handling (I know this sounds crazy for a minivan but my previous cars were Honda Civic EX sedan and Acura EX coupe) and smooth quiet ride not at all tippy feeling (esp compared to the Ford Excursion etc.)

Suggested Improvements

Brakes were underpowered but improved in later models; odd and user- unfriendly placement of lighter/electric outlet (near floor); improve center tray/drink holders; make center row of windows open-able instead of fixed; more interior tie-downs for cargo